Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
McKenna Labs is a full-service contract manufacturing company that specializes in hair, skin and body care products. We've been in the personal care development and manufacturing industry since 1998. We have an opportunity for candidates with experience in quality control leadership working in a manufacturing environment.
Perform daily in-process control support functions including but not limited to sampling and analysis of incoming components and labels, production inspection audit control, establishment of standards, resolution of production component issues, and special projects as assigned by supervisor or manager. Contributes to improvements in the operation of production by reporting to management issues of non-conformance and making suggestions to improve departmental objectives and compliance.
· Perform line inspection and audit to make sure highest quality products are shipped to customer.
· Review Fill and Assembly Specifications for any changes or revisions by initiating a change control to document control.
· Perform and maintain incoming component and label inspection program per standards operating procedures.
· Perform Annual Drug Review per standard operating procedure to include collection/maintenance of samples.
· Performs and directs in-process inspection audit control where required for filled and assembled goods as needed. Supervises and oversees work of any personnel assigned to perform finished good audit inspection (rework).
· Maintains an effective system of handling physical standards, artwork, and specifications for components and labels.
· Perform and maintain calibration of plant scales per standard operation procedure and schedule. Liaise with outside scale vendor for OOS, replacement, and annual calibration.
· Control and maintain retain room in organized manner, including retention control per standard operation procedure.
· Assists departmental and organizational management in preparing, maintaining, and monitoring compliance to internal operating procedures. Participates in the establishment of organizational quality control goals and objectives for quality control audit inspection.
· Implement audit inspection programs in accordance with organizational quality control requirements.
· Participates in cGMP and/or regulatory quality audits where necessary.
· Participates in intra-departmental meetings designed to improve product quality efficiency and promote a continuous improvement environment including first fill meetings.
· Assist in nonconforming packaging component, filled and assembled goods reviews to determine root cause analysis, corrective actions, and preventative measures
· Reviews documentation and samples in response to customer feedback of nonconforming conditions; communicates (written and verbally) findings.
· Participates in validation programs as necessary.
· Release of Bulk and Finished Goods for shipment once all testing’s are complete.
· Assures compliance to GMP’s (calibrations, proper documentation practices, etc.) and directs internal housekeeping program where necessary.
· Reviews all inspection and certification documentation of non-conformances and inconsistencies. Performs further evaluation of goods when determined necessary.
· Follows and enforces company safety programs to ensure a safe working environment.
· Exercises and monitors GMP and safety compliance requirements in the work environment.
To fulfill requirements of job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, peers, management, and suppliers.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations. Ability to read and interpret documents such as material safety data sheets, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, business correspondence, and operating procedures. Ability to speak effectively with employees, peers, and management within the organization. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, peers, management, and suppliers.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, convert English/Metric units and apply concepts to practical situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
McKenna Labs is a full-service contract manufacturing company that specializes in hair, skin and body care products. We've been in the personal care development and manufacturing industry since 1998.
Company address: 1601 E Orangethorpe Avenue
Posted date: 3 days ago
We're sending you an email you can use to verify and access your account. If you'd like to create a password, create one here.