Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Looking for a strong company with great pay and benefits? Apply now to join our team!”
The Shipping/Warehouse Manager provides leadership and direction to the warehouse / shipping department in areas of responsibility including administration, shipping, receiving, scheduling employees, sanitation, quality, safety and environmental. He/she works with the Plant Manager and/or Operations Manager as the liaison between the Plant and other departments including Sales, Distribution, Corporate, and State and Federal Regulatory Personnel.
· Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of the shipping department in an organized, safe and sanitary work environment that is in compliance with the Company’s policies, OSHA and government regulations.
· Coordinates the load out schedule with in-house distribution and outside contractors to ensure the timely and accurate load out and receiving of all products.
· Is responsible for expense management and control, including cooler dump, labor and overhead costs utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
· Monitors, on a daily basis, the inventory and codes of all products in the cooler to ensure proper rotation and traceability of all items.
· Ensures all transactions are recorded timely and accurately, to reflect a correct inventory position at any time. These include shipments, donations, product loss and damage.
· Monitors and manages all aspects of employee performance.
· Ensures full compliance with all quality assurance standards, especially good housekeeping and overall cleanliness of products and work areas.
· Monitors and strives to achieve the successful attainment of the Sales to Service Metrics targeted.
· Contains and/or reduces cost and drives productivity within the department.
· Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
· Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
· Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
· Internal Candidates: A minimum of 5 years hands-on plant experience in the dairy plant or food industry operations, with a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
· Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
· Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
· Ability to follow Continuous Improvement (CI) Processes in the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
· Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
· Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
· Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
· Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
· Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
McArthur Next Company is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
At McArthur Next we know that it is our loyal employees that enable produce the highest quality products and provide exceptional service to our customers. Therefore, our goal is to be an employer of choice by providing a culture of mutual respect, courtesy, teamwork, updated equipment and workspaces, and opportunity for development and growth. We proudly offer our full-time staff highly competitive hourly rates along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of choices for medical, dental, and vision plans designed to meet individual needs
Company address: 6851 NE 2nd Ave
Posted date: 26 days ago
We're sending you an email you can use to verify and access your account. If you'd like to create a password, create one here.