Assist in the management of Paint Department staff directly related to the assigned operational department and organization while ensuring company policies and procedures are carried out to achieve established business company goals and objectives. Supervise up to 145 Production Team Members, and up to four Group Leaders in the paint shop in an auto manufacturing environment.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor safety/environmental, quality, cost, and productivity/downtime for responsible area; lead problem solving and countermeasure activities; provide feedback to management on issues affecting the shop floor including quality, safety, ergonomics, productivity and morale.
- Responsible for quality affecting downstream customers; respond quickly to issues by containing and performing root cause analysis. Implement solutions to issues.
- Assure productivity and control downtime; meet daily, weekly, monthly, and annual targets for safety, quality, production, labor, and cost.
- Facilitate and drive continuous improvement of department quality and efficiency internal and external metrics; lead production kaizen activities for safety, quality, efficiency, cost, and ergonomics.
- Coordinate, train, develop, support, motivate and manage all production Group Leaders, Team Leaders, and Team Members; act as a resource to Group Leaders, Team Leaders, and Team Members in resolution of team issues
- Evaluate Team Members’ performance in accordance with company policies including adherence to time/attendance policies, performance metrics, etc.; conduct performance reviews of Group Leaders
- Manage overtime and other operational costs in area of responsibility.
- Control cost within established budgets
- Interact with varied support and control groups
- Responsible for keeping an open line of communication between team members and management.
- Administer, coordinate, and comply with all Business Management Systems (BMS) and Environmental Management Systems (EMS) requirements.
- Meet all other requirements as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 – 10 years of job related experience. Prior paint experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- At least 2 years of supervisory duties required.
- Lean experience preferred.
- MS Office Suite
Position may require occasional travel (domestic or foreign). Flexibility in working hours to include weekends, holidays, and off shift. Position may require on-call duty or overtime due to overall responsibility.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*e-mail your resume in MS word format to email@example.com or apply on http://www.mau.com/ using keyword or location search. Job ID 295371
About MAU Workforce Solutions:
MAU Workforce Solutions staffs excellent, effective people for their partners, allowing them to focus on their core competencies. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family-owned, minority company making lives better for applicants, clients, and employees through innovative workforce solutions. Today, with Branch and vendor on premise locations across the South and recruiting partners worldwide, MAU has global capabilities to help with all staffing, recruiting, and outsourcing needs.