Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Unit Clerk Jobs in Mount Clemens, MI
The employee in this classification, under the supervision of an assigned supervisor, performs clerical duties on a nursing unit; provides telephone coverage and relays messages; receives and directs visitors; assembles, graphs and maintains charts; checks clinical records; performs related duties as assigned.
The statements contained in this position description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed.
- Maintains accurate and complete medical records; reports and ensures equipment repair and supply needs.
- Conduct chart review and/or audits to ensure completeness of active resident records.
- Organizes and compiles charts for physicians; maintains and files records, census, roster and resident clothing lists and other related chart forms.
- Provides telephone coverage and relays messages; delivers mail and flowers to residents; provides information to residents and residents’ families; communicates with residents and visitors while maintaining a positive and professional approach.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (CONT):
- Prepares weekly summary, rounds and vitals data; enters records on charts and prepares end of month forms.
- Utilizes personal computer and related software programs to generate reports, assignments sheets, spreadsheets, graphs, letters, etc.
- Provide clerical support and assistance to Interdisciplinary team.
- Maintain nurses’ station/desk in a neat and organized manner, making sure that current forms and supplies are available for all shifts.
- Participates in unit and ward clerk meetings to promote team concept and unit/department goals.
- Utilizes time efficiently and effectively.
- Bends, stoops and lifts medical supplies, equipment and charts that weigh up to 25 pounds.
- Greets and directs visitors in a positive and professional manner.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possession of a high school diploma or a certificate of successful completion of the General Educational Development Test.
- Previous clerical experience in a hospital or medical office.
- Ability to type from clear copy or rough draft at a net speed of at least 34 words per minute; and have a passing score for Job Family 3 on the General Clerical Test.
- Successful completion of the probationary period for the position of Unit Clerk.
- Be physically able to perform the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to compile reports, complete requisitions, work orders and maintain records.
- Organizational ability and initiative.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and clinical software.
- Knowledge of the use of office equipment.
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, residents, residents' families and visitors.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of resident care.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize in a busy and sometimes stressful environment.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (Con’t):
- Ability to maintain concentration/attention to detail and the task at hand.
- Ability to conduct oneself with tact and courtesy.
MARTHA T. BERRY MEDICAL CARE FACILITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
About Martha T. Berry Medical Care Facility:
Martha T. Berry is a beautifully renovated, state-of-the-art skilled nursing facility (both short and long term) with 217 rooms and average of 98% occupancy rate. This year marks our 65 years of serving Macomb County adult residents with skilled rehabilitation with skilled rehabilitation therapy, nursing and medical care. Martha T Berry offers a challenging yet truly rewarding experience in a fast past environment.
Certified for participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs, Martha T. Berry is founded on the four values of dedication, respect, patience and quality, which form the cornerstones of our motto Compassionate Care.We consistently strive to promote the highest quality of compassionate care to all residents, while providing comfort and well-being throughout the duration of their stay with us.
In fact, Martha T. Berry's administrative management leads our entire team with a commitment to Advancing Excellence, a campaign that builds on American Health Care Associations leading initiative Quality First, which promises to improve the quality of care and quality of life for those living or recuperating in America.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Unit Clerk jobs in Mount Clemens, Michigan: