MARTHA T. BERRY MEDICAL CARE FACILITY
VACANT POSITION POSTING
THIS POSITION IS WITH MARTHA T. BERRY MEDICAL CARE FACILITY (MCF).
ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE A MARTHA T. BERRY EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION AT MARTHA T. BERRY MCF TO BE CONSIDERED. IN ADDITION, APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION FOR PROOF OF EDUCATION AND CURRENT LICENSE WHEN COMPLETING THE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION.
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE ONLY AT:
MARTHA T. BERRY MEDICAL CARE FACILITY
43533 ELIZABETH ROAD, MOUNT CLEMENS, MI 48043
MONDAY – FRIDAY - 9:00 A.M. TO 2:00 P.M.
AT THE RECEPTION OFFICE
CLASSIFICATION TITLE: Director of Nursing Opening Date: 7-20-2012
Closing Date: Until Filled
F.L.S.A. STATUS: Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $69,357.69 - $86,697.09
CURRENT HOURS: 40 Hours per week
APPOINTING AUTHORITY: Administrator
The employee in this classification, under the general direction of the Administrator, directs all professional and ancillary nursing activities and services for the Facility; develops, implements and administers the total nursing care program in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations; interviews and selects for hire all nursing staff; directs, assigns, monitors, evaluates and otherwise supervises the work activities of nursing staff; participates in the negotiation and administration of collective bargaining agreements as they pertain to nursing staff; develops and oversees orientation and in-service training programs for all nursing staff; analyzes and evaluates nursing and related services for effectiveness; performs related duties as directed.
- Directs and oversees all professional and ancillary nursing activities and services for the Facility.
- Develops, implements and administers the total nursing care program in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
- Ensures adequate and appropriate availability of equipment and supplies for residents and staff.
- Participates in the negotiation and administration of collective bargaining agreements as they pertain to nursing staff.
Director of Nursing
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (con’t.):
- Participates in the selection of residents for admission to the Facility in relation to nursing needs.
- Interviews and selects for hire all nursing staff.
- Directs, assigns, monitors, evaluates and otherwise supervises the work activities of nursing staff.
- Develops and oversees orientation and in-service training programs for all nursing staff.
- Analyzes and evaluates nursing and related services for effectiveness.
- Develops and maintains a reference library of written nursing materials.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- The statements contained in this position description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university is required.
- Be licensed by the Michigan Board of Nursing to practice as a Registered Nurse, and must maintain licensure.
- A minimum of seven (7) years administrative and/or supervisory nursing experience.
- Successful completion of a six (6) month probationary period.
- Be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience which could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job may be considered.
- Considerable knowledge of nursing principles, methods and practices.
- Ability to use good professional judgment for the welfare and safety of the residents and employees.
- Ability to apply principles of personnel administration to the selection, assignment and supervision of staff.
Director of Nursing
ADDITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS (Con’t):
- Familiarity with nursing home and/or medical care facility organization and functions.
- Considerable initiative and judgment in determining the needs of nursing service programs and the implementation and maintenance of programs.
- Possess the ability to direct, supervise and organize the work of others.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other departments, residents and residents' families.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct oneself with tact and courtesy.
MARTHA T BERRY MCF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
About Martha T. Berry Medical Care Facility:
Martha T. Berry is a beautifully renovated, state-of-the-art skilled nursing facility (both short and long term) with 217 rooms and average of 98% occupancy rate. This year marks our 65 years of serving Macomb County adult residents with skilled rehabilitation with skilled rehabilitation therapy, nursing and medical care. Martha T Berry offers a challenging yet truly rewarding experience in a fast past environment.
Certified for participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs, Martha T. Berry is founded on the four values of dedication, respect, patience and quality, which form the cornerstones of our motto Compassionate Care.We consistently strive to promote the highest quality of compassionate care to all residents, while providing comfort and well-being throughout the duration of their stay with us.
In fact, Martha T. Berry's administrative management leads our entire team with a commitment to Advancing Excellence, a campaign that builds on American Health Care Associations leading initiative Quality First, which promises to improve the quality of care and quality of life for those living or recuperating in America.