Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Senior Manager Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
Senior Manager - F&B Operations (HtlOps) - (12001DUL)
The Santa Clara Marriott located at 2700 Mission College Blvd, Santa Clara, CA, 95054 is currently hiring a 12001DUL
Responsibilities include: JOB SUMMARY
Parcel 104 is a venture of renowned Chef Bradley Ogden. The American-themed menu celebrates seasonal delights and showcases the finest efforts of local growers, ranches and dairies. Parcel 104 is aptly named after the original lot number on which it sits; a once thriving Bartlett Pear Orchard operated in the late 1800's. Marking its 10th anniversary in 2011, Parcel 104 is known for its ever-changing menu based on what is in season that very morning. The chefs create contemporary and creative dishes that celebrate American favorites.
We are looking for a General Manager for Parcel 104 (Sr Manager Operations, F&B). This is a department head position reporting to the Director of Food and Beverage for the hotel.
This is a senior management position responsible for daily operations in Restaurants, Bars, Food Outlets and Room Service. Position leads menu development, maintains sanitation standards, assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods and supervises shifts for Restaurants, Bars, Food Outlets and Room Service. Accountable for supporting compliance with brand standards and legal obligations. Directs and motivates team to provide consistent, high quality service. Provides clear communications and sets performance expectations for employees. Identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy to accomplish goals. Responsible for completion of financial and administrative duties. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize financial performance of the F&B operation.
-Proven high volume experience in upscale dining is required
-Wine knowledge is preferred.
-Minimum 5 years experience as a food and beverage manager is preferred.
Relocation is offered and may or may not inclue a real estate program for exisitng homeowners.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 5 years experience in the Guest Services, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Management Operations, Sales and Marketing, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management (4 year degree preferred), Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in the Food and Beverage, Culinary, or related professional area.
- Running a shift, scheduling, Performance Manage PAF's, Problem Solving (Guest complaints; scheduling, financial and logistics), Managing day to day operational performance, some P&L responsibility requiring Financial Literacy, Hospitality Skills
- Food Safety Certification
- Food Certification based on jurisdiction
- Beverage Certification
- Menu Engineering
Managing Food and Beverage Operations Activities associated with Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, and other Food and Beverage Outlets
- Leads execution of activities to support the Food & Beverage Operations strategy.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (Core Deliverables, SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
- Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine trends, and overall presentation.
- Leads and/or coordinates with chef on the menu development process relevant to outlet concept and local market.
- Communicates and executes departmental and hotel emergency procedures and monitors staff readiness with regard to safety procedures.
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Ensures compliance with all Bar/Lounge and restaurant policies, standards and procedures.
- Implements agreed upon beverage policy and procedures throughout the hotel.
- Maintains clean and pristine facilities and equipment.
- Monitors departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
- Monitors and enforces compliance with all local, state and Federal beverage and liquor laws.
- Performs all duties of restaurant employees and related departments as necessary.
- Projects supply needs for the department.
- Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
- Trains staff on cash handling, credit policies and procedures, and liquor control policies and procedures.
- Understands beverage control including days on hand, perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns, food standards, and period end inventory.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g., Daily Stand Up, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intradepartmental).
- Communicates vision for Food and Beverage service delivery to ensure guest experience is of high quality from arrival to departure (e.g., greeting from host/hostess, food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, invitation to return).
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Celebrates accomplishments and publicly recognizes the contributions of employees.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Creates and nurtures a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Responds quickly and proactively to employee's concerns.
- Oversees F&B Team Leaders and support staff, culinary, restaurant, beverage and room service operations.
- Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to increase additional revenue opportunities for the hotel.
- Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Responsible for daily and cumulative financial performance.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth.
- Uses beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the beverage perpetual inventory.
- Ensures meeting and event rooms/space are set according to event documentation (Banquet Event Orders, resumes, etc.) and customer requirements.
- Leads and oversees shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
- Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (Brand Standards, Core Deliverables, SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
- Applies knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event.
- Oversees maintaining the inventory, par levels and maintenance of equipment, amenities and controllable supplies for the meeting and event rooms/space (e.g., tables, chairs, staging, pads, pens, candy, water service).
- Attends, participates in and may lead pertinent meetings (e.g. Daily Stand Up, BEO Meeting, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intradepartmental, etc.).
- Attends and supports all pre-event/pre-convention meetings as needed to understand group needs.
- Communicates critical information to Banquet, Event Services and Event Technology teams.
- Conducts and oversees meeting/event room inspections prior to each event to ensure room is set according to specifications and customer expectations.
- Maintains and oversees all cleanliness and sanitation standards in all event operations areas.
- Coordinates and oversees routine maintenance to ensure a quality meeting/event facility.
- Solves problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
- Delegates tasks to ensure room sets are "on time" and meet Event Management Standards.
- Ensures employee awareness of the event phase portion of the Event Satisfaction Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
- Schedules Banquet, Event Services and Event Technology staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
- Uses banquet beverage tools to guide banquet beverage team in controlling liquor costs, managing the banquet beverage perpetual inventory and requisitioning liquor.
- Ensures brand specific meeting services program is in place per Brand Standard (Redcoat Program, PlumPerfect Program, etc.)
- Works with Event Planning team members to ensure flawless delivery of events and customer details are delivered as agreed upon.
- Works with Culinary team to ensure proper presentation and storage of food items is adhered to.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds quickly and proactively to customer concerns.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manages service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure (e.g., greeting from hostess, speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment & invitation to return).
- Ensures that all employees, team leaders and managers understand the brand's service culture.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that customer service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, assisting with the completion of annual performance reviews.
- Ensures recognition is taking place across areas of responsibility.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Supports training when appropriate.
- Communicates and executes departmental and hotel emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
- Ensures hotel policies are applied fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Assists GM as needed with annual Quality audit.
- Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Analyzes business data and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Recognizes good quality products and presentations.
- Oversees the financial aspects of the department including purchasing and payment of invoices.
- Ensures effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and hotel meetings.
- Participates in key decision making with Executive team.
- Performs additional duties, departmental and/or total hotel related, as assigned and requested.
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice around the globe by FORTUNE and Working Mother magazines, DiversityInc, Great Places to Work Institute, and the CRF institute among others. Visit our newsroom to learn more: news.marriott.com
To search all jobs or learn more about Marriott careers:
Connect and network online with us:
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Senior Manager jobs in Santa Clara, California:
Sr Technical Project Manager NEW!
Agile Global Solutions in Sunnyvale, CA
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Sr. Clinical Data Manager (or Assoc Director) -FTE or Contract-to-Hire
Thinknicity, Inc. in Santa Clara, CA
Posted 1 month ago on ZipRecruiter
Construction Senior Project Manager
Charles Pankow Builders LTD in San Jose, CA
Posted 20 hours ago on ZipRecruiter