Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Sales Executive Jobs in Dulles, VA
Senior Catering Sales Executive (NE) - Marriott Hotels (12001AQT)
At Marriott we can make it happen – with opportunities for building new skills, co-workers who share your enthusiasm and clear career paths that offer experience for growth and promotion. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality professional or just beginning to plan your career, we invite you to discover Marriott.
The Washington Dulles Airport Marriott, located at 45020 Aviation Drive is currently hiring for a SENIOR CATERING SALES EXECUTIVE (NE)
Responsibilities include: The Senior Catering Sales Executive is responsible for handling more complex social and local corporate catering opportunities that are above sales office parameters (i.e., 150 covers). The position may also provide day to day supervision to catering sales associates that are on-property. The incumbent is responsible for contracting and closing local catering and social business and ensure that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. The position is responsible for achieving catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue. The incumbent implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- Catering sales experience.
The Senior Catering Sales Executive has overall responsibility for achieving and/or exceeding the hotel catering sales revenue goals. Overall, the position is accountable for the following:
Sales and Marketing Leadership
- Manage the sales efforts for the hotel including local corporate and social catering.
- Work collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Sales Office, Area Sales, EST) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Respond to incoming catering opportunities for the hotel. Identify, qualify and solicit new catering business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
- Proactively solicit affiliate business associated with citywide events from approved affiliate list provided by Citywide Sales Executive.
- Understand the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and know how to sell against them.
- Close the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
- Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Work with the management team to create and implement a catering sales plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
- Design, develop and sell creative catered events.
- Maximize revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage.
- Manage catering sales revenue and operation budgets, and provide forecasting reports.
- Develop menus which drive sales.
- Assist with selling, implementation and follow-through of catering promotions.
- Interact effectively with sales, kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Execute and support Marriott's Customer Service Standards and hotel's Brand Standards.
- Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Participate in and practice daily service basics of the brand (i.e., MHR Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, RHR Savvy Service Basics, Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn Basics of the Day, Residence Inn Daily Huddle, or TownePlace Suites Morning Meeting).
- Execute exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
- Gain understanding of the hotel's primary target customer and service expectations; serve the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Develop a close working relationship with operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotel level.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
- Ensure that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
- Monitor the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensure successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
Begin your journey: www.marriott.com/careers
To apply for this job, please go to www.marriott.com/careers and click on the "Apply Now". Then under "Management Positions Worldwide", enter Job Opening number “Job Req. 12001AQT" . The job is listed as “Senior Catering Sales Executive (NE)". If you are interested in applying, you will need to register on the site and create a "User Name" and “Password”. Applications are available in French and Spanish.
Marriott is consistently recognized as an employer of choice by Working Mother, DiversityInc., and LatinaStyle magazine among others. FORTUNE magazine recognized Marriott as one of its “100 Best Companies to Work For”, for the twelfth consecutive year.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Sales Executive jobs in Dulles, Virginia:
Executive Recruiter, Sales Executive, Business Development Officer
The Rummage Group in Herndon, VA
Posted 9 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Sales Executive Entrepreneur
CnRG Partners, LLP in Manassas, VA
Posted 19 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Senior Sales Executive - Digital Marketing
Conversion Pipeline in Chantilly, VA
Posted 19 days ago on ZipRecruiter