Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Manager Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Manager, Field eCommerce - (12001EBW)
The Manager, Field eCommerce, The Ritz-Carlton, West Regionlocated at 900 West Olympic Blvd hiring a The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angele
The Ritz-Carlton Regional eCommerce Manager will manage and oversee The Ritz-Carlton Corporate eCommerce strategy at the regional and/or hotel level, and ensure that individual hotels are aligning with Corporate eCommerce strategies and e-activating their channels (Ritzcarlton.com, Marriott.com, multi-lingual global sites, eChannels, search engines, Mobile, and other eMarketing vehicles) to maximize online revenue and profitability. This role will serve as the eCommerce discipline lead for the regions, and provide strategic guidance, education, and pull-through of The Ritz-Carlton digital strategy and brand standards, working with resources on property. This role will also provide local market insights and recommendations to the region and corporate eCommerce, working closely with The Ritz-Carlton Field Marketing organization. Key responsibilities are: lead The Ritz-Carlton’s eCommerce strategy as eCommerce lead for hotels; ensure all hotels within a region are fully activated and optimized on Ritzcarlton.com and appropriate in-language global sites; verify all hotels within a region are fully activating and optimizing their presence on approved internet eChannels; and provide eCommerce communication, reporting, analysis, training, and education.
1) Lead The Ritz-Carlton’s eCommerce strategy across hotels within a region and ensure hotel-level execution:
• Serve as the subject matter expert on eCommerce and eMarketing disciplines for the region; serve as the subject matter expert on the region for the eCommerce team
• Create online marketing strategies and tactics to drive revenue for hotels, including:
o Manage search engine optimization, paid search, and other online marketing tactics to increase penetration with target customers, including regional co-op efforts where appropriate
o Collaborate closely with corporate eCommerce and The Ritz-Carlton Field Marketing teams to execute/pull through online The Ritz-Carlton Marketing and eCommerce strategies and plans for the region.
o Champion efforts to grow online bookings for Group, Meeting & Catering business in region hotels.
• Manage efforts, in partnership with the appropriate Regional Field Marketing Sr. Manager / Director and Corporate Director of The Ritz-Carlton Field eCommerce to:
o Set eCommerce goals for the region/hotel, review progress periodically, and troubleshoot performance issues
o Identify hotel-specific online needs
o Set budgets for the region/hotels for eCommerce activities
o Assist with display and email marketing on analytics
• Work with hotel level resources to ensure property information on Ritzcarlton.com, global sites, and eChannels is accurate, complete, and timely to enable hotels to meet or exceed guest expectations at every online touch point during the guest journey
• Partner with Field Marketing Managers to provide advice to hotels and activate appropriate on-strategy eCommerce priorities and tactics
• Partner with Revenue Management to prioritize and merchandise package and offer strategies on Ritzcarlton.com and in online advertising channels
• Support The Ritz-Carlton’s direct booking strategy to encourage share shift from online travel agencies (OTAs) to company owned channels
• Identify legal and fraud issues regionally and recommend and assist with resolution
2) Oversee online activation for regional hotels on Ritzcarlton.com, mobile sites, and appropriate in-language global sites.
• Manage regional Hotel Web Sites on Ritzcarlton.com and global sites
o Analyze and conduct regular audits of Ritzcarlton.com Hotel Web Sites to ensure each hotel is optimized for high quality custom images, content, links, and accurate translations, and work with hotels on corrective action
Responsible for activation of a Ritz-Carlton eAction plan§
o Manage regional activation of key corporate eCommerce projects (e.g., Mobile applications, new Ritzcarlton.com Hotel Web Sites, Local Area Knowledge, and similar corporate “e” services)
o In cooperation with the hotel, the Field eCommerce Manager will maintain and update all Ritzcarlton.com Hotel Web Site and mobile site content including marketing messaging, on-site promotional opportunities, imagery, captions, links, PDFs, hotel alerts, etc.
• Serve as the regional subject matter expert in Search Engine Marketing of the Ritzcarlton.com Hotel Web Sites
o Ensure that hotel websites on Ritzcarlton.com and global sites are fully optimized to maximize traffic from search engines. Work with the SEO Vendor (eMerge Team) to coordinate Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics
Manage oversight of onsite optimization strategy i.e. key word review, meta data, title tags, page copy etc.§
Manage§ oversight of offsite optimization strategy i.e. photo and video syndication, social media SEO, press release optimization, directory listings etc.
o Work with Field Marketing Senior Manager and Corporate eCommerce to manage the hotel level pay-per-click keyword strategy for Transaction Based Search.
• Work with hotels and Public Relations teams to activate and optimize social media activities with approved vendors, following corporate direction.
• Reporting: Partner with Field Marketing Senior Manager to review reports with hotels, including Site Catalyst, MRDW, Marriott reporting tools, etc. and take corrective action, as appropriate
• Lead brand standards compliance for all online activities; make sure that all web sites, content, tactics, etc., for all hotels within a region comply with The Ritz-Carlton’s Brand Standards and Policies; monitor for off-strategy web tactics and programs, and take appropriate action either directly or in collaboration with area, region, and/or corporate leadership
3) Create and execute eChannels strategy for all hotels within a region; maintain strategic relationships with online travel agency (OTA) contacts, property teams, owners, and corporate counterparts
• Manage hotel activation and optimization of their presence on approved internet eChannels
• Focus on growing hotel top line online revenue by executing against the eCommerce strategy
• Partner with revenue management and regional marketing teams to define and execute eChannel merchandising plans
• Ensure that all hotels are participating in approved global and regionally relevant eChannels (utilizing eChannel partnerships developed by the region-level Global eChannel leads at Corporate HQ)
• Regularly audit content, images, and star ratings on eChannels, and work with hotels to make appropriate corrections
• Execute hotel/region eChannel marketing tactics and act as liaison to regional eChannel and OTA representatives
• Collaborate with regional Revenue Leaders and audit hotel performance on eChannels.
4) Lead regional eCommerce communication, reporting, training, and education
• Serve as region-level point-person for The Ritz-Carlton’s eCommerce Strategy. Cultivate relationships and communicate with GMs, Revenue Leaders etc., to raise their awareness, understanding, and motivation to eActivate their hotels
• Train and educate region and/or hotel-level managers on the importance of eCommerce activities and how to eActivate their hotels
• Provide eCommerce reporting and analysis support at a regional and hotel level; deliver actionable intelligence based on reporting and analytics.
• Monitor hotel performance (through evaluation tool) and provide feedback, strategies for growth and improvement based on reports
• Prepare and deliver reporting and presentations to sales management, owners and asset managers
• Organize and lead regularly-scheduled regional eCommerce Conference Calls to review performance, share best practices, and troubleshoot issues; follow-up on open items
• Develop other region-level eCommerce communications, as appropriate
• Participate in corporate Ritz-Carlton eCommerce and Marriott cluster field eCommerce meetings and trainings for communication pull-through, best-practice sharing, and alignment.
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
• 3 - 7 years of online marketing experience, preferably in the hospitality and/or luxury goods industries or
• Significant experience with field / distributed marketing functions
• Strong understanding of global / international marketing
• Strong understanding of traditional and online marketing
• Understanding and experience of search engine optimization, PPC advertising, display advertising, email marketing
• Experience with hospitality eChannels, Online Travel Agents, or other 3rd consumer party sales channels
• Detail oriented, with demonstrated track record of follow-through and delivery
• Experience working effectively in a multi-national setting, willingness to travel
• Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects; motivated self-starter
• Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm
• Exceptional teamwork, Demonstrated ability to collaborate to achieve results
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Ability to track promotions and provide reports; analytics skills
• Microsoft Office software applications desired; Excel experience required
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION:
• University degree in marketing, hospitality management, technology, or business required
To search all jobs or learn more about Marriott careers:
Connect and network online with us:
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Manager jobs in Los Angeles, California:
Catering Sales Manager - Organic Restaurant
Urth Caffe in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 13 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Customer Service Manager/Inside Sales - 7971 NEW!
TalentZok in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Client Services Manager NEW!
The Dominguez Firm, Inc. in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 9 hours ago on ZipRecruiter