Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open General Manager Jobs in San Diego, CA
General Manager(< 175 Rooms) - Residence Inn (12001DR1)
At Marriott we can make it happen - with opportunities for building new skills, co-workers who share your enthusiasm and clear career paths that offer experience for growth and promotion. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality professional or just beginning to plan your career, we invite you to discover Marriott.
The Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, located at San Diego, CA is currently hiring for a GENERAL MANAGER (< 175 ROOMS)
Responsibilities include: Residence Inn by Marriott helps guests thrive while on long stays so they can perform at their best. Spacious suites with full kitchens offer the comforts of the modern home, while employees provide service with a human touch to business and leisure travelers alike. Working at Residence Inn, you will build relationships grounded in team work and experience the legendary Residence Inn service culture which focuses on delivering against the unique needs of long stay guests. Find Your World™ at Residence Inn by Marriott.
Relocation assistance is being provided for this position.
Functions as the primary strategic business leader of the property with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including: managing general property performance, managing and sustaining sales and marketing strategy, managing profitability, managing revenue generation, delivering a return on investment to both Marriott International and ownership, and managing and conducting human resources activities. Leads the team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Acts as a steward and key leader for reinforcing Residence Inn's culture. Supports the implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations and developing strong associate teams. Builds relationships with key customers and is involved in the sales process.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years mixed management experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years mixed management experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
Managing Property Operations and Department Budgets
- Ensure service programs are in place and executed against (e.g., Service So Memorable).
- Provide timely, real-time feedback to management and hourly associates on service and operational standards; including feedback on even the smallest of service and operational details.
- Review and follow-up on property GSS scores and comments.
- Create and support clear lines of responsibility for management team, including coverage and oversight throughout the day.
- Walk the property to ensure public spaces, grounds, work and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness/maintenance standards.
- Manage the flow of labor between departments to support effective management of Labor Budget and achievement of profitability goals.
- Act as a project manager for the execution of capital improvements (e.g., renovations, reinventions, refreshes, signage, etc.).
- Delegate responsibilities for operations and projects to appropriate level of associate.
- Prepare for QA audits (i.e., daily and pre-visit activities).
- Manage relationships with decision makers at top accounts.
- Interact with in-house guests to prospect for new sources of business.
- Work with Market Sales to establish property sales strategy, extended stay occupancy (ESOcc) targets, sales goals, and action plans.
- Understand and leverage sales and marketing advantages over competitor properties within market.
- Coach and reinforce associate selling strategies that take advantage of property amenities.
- Work with the Regional Sales office (RSO) to implement sales strategy for the property (e.g., goal setting, setting rates, ESOcc, etc.).
- Develop innovative means for capturing new streams of revenue through property amenities.
- Ensure direct sales staff fully utilizes e-tools (e.g., e-proposals, e-mail signatures), as appropriate.
- Participate in and host customer recognition events to drive sales.
- Monitor sales strategy with RSO to ensure ongoing effectiveness and compliance.
- Participate in the property sales review (PSR).
- Identify key revenue generating stakeholders and customers and communicate information to sales offices.
- Collaborate with Regional Marketing & eCommerce Managers to develop and/or sustain marketing and eCommerce strategies for the hotel.
- Measure, analyze, and communicate property performance using a variety of financial/non financial data including controllable costs, sales revenue, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement data.
- Monitor and forecast future ESOcc and length of stay rate tiers to inform revenue management and profitability strategy.
- Manage on-property controllable costs associated with rooms, housekeeping, events, and food and beverage operations.
- Initiate action to support property revenue and profitability goals.
- Update and communicate profit forecasts to associates/managers.
- Review and sign off on invoices.
- Review Property Distribution Summary (OnDemand) and Purchase Detail Reports; identify, research, and resolve balance issues.
- Consolidate reports needed for period-end review (e.g., P&L, Accounting Scorecard, Banking Report and Statistics, PACE, credit card fraud report).
- Review property performance on period basis with Regional Director.
- Manage the relationship with the revenue management office (e.g., participate in routine calls, strategy meetings, periodic update meetings, etc.).
- Review and work with appropriate revenue management reports (e.g., Demand Eye Chart, Benchmark Pricing Evaluator, Rate/Value Matrix, Smith Travel Research (STR) reports, etc.).
- Balance inventory to ensure same-day sellouts.
- Keep brand leadership team, owners, and above property stakeholders updated on property performance in the areas of financials, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement.
- Prepare and present reports for owners and above property leadership using financial/performance data.
- Conduct property critique.
- Conduct annual business reviews.
- Respond to off-property (e.g., regional and owner) requests for sales information (e.g., Market Outlook, STR Report critique, etc.).
- Participate in ad hoc owner conference calls and respond appropriately to owner requests.
- Conduct performance review process for associates (including LPP/HPP, career plan form, development plans, associate information form, mid-year check-ins, 90-day check-ins for new associates, etc.).
- Understand the performance expectations for all positions within the property (e.g. front desk associate, gourmet attendant, etc).
- Ensure ongoing development of managers (e.g., one on one coaching, providing stretch assignments, etc.).
- Cascade/Deliver training to associates (e.g., Service So Memorable Quarterly Recharge).
- Facilitate cross training to support associate professional growth and operational excellence.
- Conduct day to day Human Resource transactions to support needs of the property (e.g., compensation actions, initiation and approval of hiring requisitions, etc.).
- Lead associates through property changes, and help them transition into new property roles.
- Facilitate on property activities that communicate and reinforce Residence Inn culture with associates (e.g., RIsolution Days, Culture Strength Survey, Culture Council participation, Daily Huddles, etc.).
- Complete management training (e.g., ConnectU, GM conferences, HR Skills, etc.).
- Support recruitment and hiring efforts from various sourcing channels (e.g., local job fairs, Internet, referrals) to target associates with skill sets (e.g., rooms operations) compatible for operational needs.
- Manage e-mail.
- Manage daily paper mail.
- Participate in conference calls (e.g., sales, promotion, Q&A, property performance, etc.).
- Provide follow-up information to Regional Director and other Extended Stay/Select Service executives.
- Prepare for Regional Director visits (e.g., pulling and consolidating relevant reports).
To apply for this job, please go to www.marriott.com/careers and click on the "Apply Now". Then under "Management Positions Worldwide", enter Job Opening number “12001DR1". The job is listed as “General Manager (< 175 Rooms)". If you are interested in applying, you will need to register on the site and create a "User Name" and “Password”. Applications are available in French and Spanish.
Marriott is consistently recognized as an employer of choice by Working Mother, DiversityInc., and LatinaStyle magazine among others. FORTUNE magazine recognized Marriott as one of its “100 Best Companies to Work For”, for the twelfth consecutive year.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse General Manager jobs in San Diego, California:
Restaurant General Manager
Hospitality Staffers in San Diego, CA
Posted 10 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Restaurant General Manager
Patrice and Associates in San Diego, CA
Posted 14 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Assistant General Manager - New Restaurant Opening
Confidential Search in San Diego, CA
Posted 11 days ago on ZipRecruiter