Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open General Manager Jobs in Sacramento, CA
General Manager(175-199 Rooms) - Residence Inn (120013BO) #2
At Marriott we can make it happen – with opportunities for building new skills, co-workers who share your enthusiasm and clear career paths that offer experience for growth and promotion. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality professional or just beginning to plan your career, we invite you to discover Marriott.
The Residence Inn Sacramento Cal Expo, located at 1530 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA, 95825 is currently hiring for a GENERAL MANAGER (175-199 ROOMS)
Responsibilities include: Functions as the primary strategic business leader of the property with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including: managing general property performance, as managing and sustaining sales and marketing strategy, managing profitability, managing revenue generation, managing and conducting human resources activities, and delivering a return on investment to both Marriott International and ownership. Leads the team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. Builds relationships with key customers and is involved in the sales process
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES:
Managing Property Operations and Department Budgets:
· Ensure service programs are in place and executed against (e.g., Refreshing Business, Service Snapshots, Service So Memorable, etc.).
· Provide timely, real-time feedback to management and hourly associates on service and operational standards; including feedback on even the smallest of service and operational details.
· Manage the flow of labor between departments to support effective management of Labor Budget and achievement of profitability goals
· Create and support clear lines of responsibility for management team, including coverage and oversight throughout the day
· Prepare for QA audits (i.e., daily and pre-visit activities).
· Review and follow-up on property GSS scores and comments.
· Act as a project manager for the execution of capital improvements (e.g., renovations, reinventions, refreshes, signage, etc.).
· Walk the property to ensure public spaces, grounds, work and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness/maintenance standards.
· Manage the implementation of major brand standards (e.g., HSIA, the Market, TPS A.M. Eats).
· Delegate responsibilities for operations and projects to appropriate level of associate.
· Provide coaching on operations and troubleshooting of Micros and other technology components within property common areas.
Managing and Sustaining Sales and Marketing Strategy:
· Work with the Regional Sales office (RSO) to implement sales strategy for the property (e.g., goal setting, setting rates, etc.).
· Work with Market Sales to establish property sales strategy, goals, and action plans.
· Identify and champion creative marketing solutions that fit the brand and property needs.
· Participate in the property sales review (PSR).
· Manage relationships with decision makers at top accounts.
· Develop innovative means for capturing new streams of revenue through property amenities.
· Interact with in-house guests to prospect for new sources of business.
· Ensure direct sales staff fully utilizes e-tools (e.g., e-proposals, e-mail signatures), as appropriate.
· Identify key revenue generating stakeholders and customers and communicate information to sales offices.
· Coach and reinforce associate selling strategies that take advantage of property amenities.
· Ensure all national and regional marketing programs (e.g., HSIA, etc.) are pulled through to relevant departments.
· Participate in and host customer recognition events to drive sales.
· Understand and leverage sales and marketing advantages over competitor properties within market.
· Monitor sales strategy with RSO to ensure ongoing effectiveness and compliance.
· Manage on-property controllable costs associated with rooms, housekeeping, events, and food and beverage operations.
· Measure, analyze, and communicate property performance using a variety of financial/non financial data including controllable costs, sales revenue, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement data.
· Update and communicate profit forecasts to associates/managers.
· Initiate action to support property revenue and profitability goals.
· Understand how food and beverage product variability can affect profitability.
· Review and sign off on invoices.
· Review Property Distribution Summary (OnDemand) and Purchase Detail Reports; identify, research, and resolve balance issues.
· Consolidate reports needed for period-end review (e.g., P&L, Accounting Scorecard, Banking Report and Statistics, PACE, credit card fraud report).
· Review property performance on period basis with Regional Director.
· Ensure compliance with Avendra.
Maintaining Revenue Management Goals:
· Manage the relationship with the revenue management office (e.g., participate in routine calls, strategy meetings, periodic update meetings, etc.).
· Review and work with appropriate revenue management reports (e.g., Demand Eye Chart, Benchmark Pricing Evaluator, Rate/Value Matrix, Smith Travel Research (STR) reports, etc.).
· Balance inventory to ensure same-day sellouts.
Managing Relationships with Property Stakeholders (e.g., Owner and Above Property):
· Keep brand leadership team, owners, and above property stakeholders updated on property performance in the areas of financials, guest satisfaction, and associate engagement.
· Prepare and present reports for owners and above property leadership using financial/performance data to show how the Refreshing Business model is affecting property performance.
· Conduct property critique.
· Conduct annual business reviews.
· Participate in ad hoc owner conference calls and respond appropriately to owner requests.
· Respond to off-property (e.g., regional and owner) requests for sales information (e.g., Market Outlook, STR Report critique, etc.).
Managing and Conducting Human Resource activities:
· Lead associates through property changes, and help them transition into new property roles.
· Understand the performance expectations for all positions within the property (e.g. front desk associate, gourmet attendant, etc).
· Conduct day to day Human Resource transactions to support needs of the property (e.g., compensation actions, initiation and approval of hiring requisitions, movement of subordinates through phases of performance management cycle).
· Complete management training (e.g., ConnectU, GM conferences, HR Skills, etc.).
· Cascade/Deliver training to associates (e.g., Service So Memorable Quarterly Recharge, Service Snapshot, etc.).
· Facilitate cross training to support associate professional growth and operational excellence.
· Ensure ongoing development of managers (e.g., one on one coaching, providing stretch assignments, etc.).
· Monitor local hiring and compensation trends for like positions; ensure that the organization understands any change in fundamentals.
· Conduct performance review process for associates (including LPP, career plan form, development plans, associate information form, mid-year check-ins, 90-day check ins for new associates, etc.).
· Support recruitment efforts from various sourcing channels (e.g., local job fairs, Internet, referrals) to target associates with skill sets (e.g., food and beverage, rooms operations) compatible for operational needs.
· Actively recruit and hire employees with basic food and beverage skill sets.
Additional Responsibilities :
· Manage e-mail.
· Manage daily paper mail.
· Participate in conference calls (e.g., sales, promotion, Q&A, property performance, etc.).
· Provide follow-up information to RD and other CFRST managers.
· Prepare for RD visits (e.g., pulling and consolidating relevant reports).
Education and Experience
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
· 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
Begin your journey: www.marriott.com/careers
To apply for this job, please go to www.marriott.com/careers and click on the "Apply Now". Then under "Management Positions Worldwide", enter Job Opening number “120013BO". The job is listed as “General Manager(175-199 Rooms)". If you are interested in applying, you will need to register on the site and create a "User Name" and “Password”. Applications are available in French and Spanish.
Marriott is consistently recognized as an employer of choice by Working Mother, DiversityInc., and LatinaStyle magazine among others. FORTUNE magazine recognized Marriott as one of its “100 Best Companies to Work For”, for the twelfth consecutive year.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse General Manager jobs in Sacramento, California:
Assistant General Manager | Punch Bowl Social Sacramento
Punch Bowl Social in Sacramento, CA
Posted 14 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Chevys General Manager in Roseville NEW!
Real Mex Restaurants in Roseville, CA
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter
FirstService Residential in Sacramento, CA
Posted 4 days ago on ZipRecruiter