Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Director of Engineering Jobs in Sonoma, CA
Dual Director of Engineering - Renaissance Hotels (130001TK)
Bring your whole self to work. As an ambassador at the world’s leading lifestyle brand.
Position: Dual Director of Engineering
Location: The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa - 1325 Broadway, Sonoma, CA, 95476
Job Description: The The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa seeks a Dual Director of Engineering to join the Renaissance Team.
Duties include: *Relocation assistance is being offered for this position.
This position is a dual role supporting The Renaissance Lodge @ Sonoma and the Union Square Marriott in San Francisco.
Directly reports to the property General Managers, with a dotted-line (functional) reporting relationship to the Vice President of Engineering and is a member of the hotels’ Executive Committee. Provides a high level of property maintenance knowledge. Position has overall responsibility for maintaining the buildings, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance, and energy conservation. Develops and implements strategies that will deliver products and services, which meet or exceed the needs and expectations of guests and associates while maximizing the financial performance. Responsible for maintaining standards and regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues. Able to manage and oversee activities as a third party preventative maintenance engineering leader for up to two hotels.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Engineering Operations for Two Locations
· Manages multiple stakeholders and changing priorities; ability to manage an off property maintenance process
· Works with location leadership and regional engineering leadership team to determine how Engineering is performing against budget and highlights areas of concern to leadership.
· Develops an engineering operating strategy that is aligned with the business strategy of assigned locations.
· Leads energy management efforts by establishing, implementing, and monitoring energy management plans and creating a culture of energy management to be instituted throughout every department.
· Assembles annual energy management goals and game plans.
· Manages the physical plant at two locations including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
· Initiates strategies for accomplishing objectives through team efforts at two locations
· Administers service contracts to support location needs.
· Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
· Coaches and supports engineering teams to effectively manage controllable expenses (e.g., wages, heat, light and power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, inventory, etc.).
· Manages and controls heat, light and power.
· Oversees execution of long term preventative maintenance and 10 year asset protection plans.
· Addresses potential areas of concern and proposing solutions to owners in a proactive manner.
· Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
· Supervises construction projects to ensure timely completion within budgetary guidelines.
· Attends Exec meetings for each hotel twice per month.
· Assemble annual Capital Expenditure Plans (CEPs) and assess needs for project manager support.
· Identifies project managers for large CEP or renovations projects.
· Provides change leadership and success strategies as appropriate for general location and specific engineering-related inititiaves.
Maintaining Engineering Standards
· Ensures compliance with state, local and federal regulations.
· Monitors and maintains life safety systems (e.g., fire fighting equipment, sprinkler systems, and alarm systems).
· Ensure properties PM’s and work orders are completed properly and in timely manner. Accurately tracked on property maintenance system.
· Ensures building and equipment licenses, permits and certifications are current for assigned locations.
· Ensures location/brand/operational policies are administered fairly and consistently.
· Ensures inventory of assets at assigned locations are accurately assessed and reflected in ADaMs (centralized engineering tracking tool) annually.
· Ensure all mechanical equipment is running at it's highest level of efficiency and that a culture of energy management is instituted throughout every department.
· Ensures all purchasing is compliant with Marriott approved minority owned vendors or through Avendra.
Managing Engineering Budgets for Two Locations
· Develops and manages Engineering budget.
· Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
· Monitors and manages the payroll function for engineering team.
· Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
· Participates in the development of department's capital expenditure goals; manages projects as needed.
· Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
· Prepares weekly and period end Profit and Loss critiques.
· Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall hotel financial goals; educates staff on details as appropriate.
· Reviews and manages controllable expenses such as, heat, light, power, water consumption, tools and equipment, groundskeeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, etc.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
· Provides leadership in developing training for associates in the realm of energy reduction and environmental stewardship.
· Provides engineering associates training opportunities and provides individualized direction for development.
· Ensures associates are treated fairly and equitably.
· Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
· Utilizes associate feedback and an “open door” policy to identify and address associate problems or concerns in a timely manner.
· Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
· Resolves guest problems and complaints.
· Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
· Ensures that regular on-going communication takes place throughout the engineering operation to communicate daily operations activities, set expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
Benefits may include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, career advancement, hotel room discounts and more.
You must apply on-line to be considered. Explore opportunities that fit your style at www.marriott.com/careers.
To apply for this job, please go to www.marriott.com/careers and click on the "Apply Now". Then under "Management Positions Worldwide", enter Job Opening number “130001TK". The job is listed as “Dual Director of Engineering". If you are interested in applying, you will need to register on the site and create a "User Name" and “Password”. Applications are available in French and Spanish.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Director of Engineering jobs in Sonoma, California:
Chief Engineer (full-time, FF)
NorthBay Healthcare in Fairfield, CA
Posted 26 days ago on Glassdoor
Director of HVT Research and Innovation
Medtronic in Santa Rosa, CA
Posted 16 days ago on Nexxt
Director, Engineering Estate Wine Operations
Constellation Brands in Napa, CA
Posted 1 month ago on StartWire