Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Director of Software Development Jobs in Newport Beach, CA
Director - Architecture & Design - Marriott Corporate (12001B0M)
At Marriott we can make it happen – with opportunities for building new skills, co-workers who share your enthusiasm and clear career paths that offer experience for growth and promotion. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality professional or just beginning to plan your career, we invite you to discover Marriott.
The Western Regional Office, located at 1301 Dove Street Suite 500, Newport Beach, CA, 92660 is currently hiring for a DIRECTOR - ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN
Directs architecture design on CFRST new-build, conversion, and adaptive re-use projects, which include managed, franchised and company-owned hotels, to ensure quality control, brand compliance, cost effectiveness, and operational acceptability.
• Develops operating plans and workable business processes for own department in alignment with function strategy.
Manages larger business processes and/or projects, setting priorities and measurable objectives, monitoring and reporting on the process, progress and results. Typically influences work of cross functional or extended teams.
Responds to, solves, and makes decisions on business requests that have broader department impact and/or moderate risk. Presents alternative solutions to business issues by leveraging the broader organization. • Works to enhance the organization’s capabilities through effective staffing and development of others by: - anticipating staffing requirements by comparing business needs with strengths and weaknesses of existing staff.
- coaching team to collaborate with others.
- using appropriate Marriott interviewing tools to hire the best people available from inside or outside.
- establishing goals and delegating tasks appropriately.
- providing timely coaching and feedback
- making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- engaging in progressive disciplinary processes, when appropriate.
•Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:- acting in a consultative fashion to implement programs impacting the broader organization.
- assisting in the development and communication of broader organizational goals.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- taking calculated risks to move the department or team forward.
- developing and using systems to organize and keep track of information.
- balancing the interests of own group with the interests of the organization.
- working with others to identify and remove barriers to success.
• Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
.Performs other duties as appropriate
•4-year degree from an accredited Architecture, or Construction Project Management program .•Architectural license required.•Master of Architecture preferred•Minimum 12 years design progressive experience including 10 years’ experience on hospitality projects.•Professional association membership preferred.•Strong presentation skills.•Strong people/project management skills.•Ability to create and work in a team environment.•Strong ability to work remotely.
•Excellent business acumen.•Complex problem solving skills.•Strong background in architecture, interior architecture, and FF&E.•Good leadership ability with strategic/enterprise view•All aspects of hospitality design and operations.•Be able to take a project from design through the construction process, start to finish
Begin your journey: www.marriott.com/careers
To apply for this job, please go to www.marriott.com/careers and click on the "Apply Now". Then under "Management Positions Worldwide", enter Job Opening number “12001B0M". The job is listed as “Director - Architecture & Design". If you are interested in applying, you will need to register on the site and create a "User Name" and “Password”. Applications are available in French and Spanish.
Marriott is consistently recognized as an employer of choice by Working Mother, DiversityInc., and LatinaStyle magazine among others. FORTUNE magazine recognized Marriott as one of its “100 Best Companies to Work For”, for the twelfth consecutive year.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Director of Software Development jobs in Newport Beach, California: