Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Assistant Chief Engineer Jobs in Cambridge, MA
Assistant Chief Engineer (NE) - Boston Marriott Cambridge (12001ELJ)
The Boston Marriott Cambridge located at 2 Cambridge Center, Boston, MA, 02142 is currently hiring a Assistant Chief Engineer (NE) (12001ELJ)
Responsibilities include: Assists in managing budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Assists in maintaining the building and grounds with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Assigns, tracks and follows up on status of work assigned to staff and contractors as needed. Helps to increase guest and employee satisfaction through effective communications and training.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 1 year experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
Assisting in Management of Property Operations
- Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Monitors timeliness and quality of completion of repair work orders.
- Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
- Assists in providing regular on-going communication occurs with employees in order to create awareness of business objectives, communicate expectations and recognize performance.
- Recommends or arranges for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Selects and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
- Assists in supervising the day-to-day operations of Engineering and related departments.
- Assists in inspecting and evaluating the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
- Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
- Operates generators and fire pumps as necessary.
- Provides emergency response services 24/7.
- Repairs equipment (e.g., refrigeration, laundry) as necessary.
- Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Helps train employees in safety procedures.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
- Solicits employee feedback.
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice around the globe by FORTUNE and Working Mother magazines, DiversityInc, Great Places to Work Institute, and the CRF institute among others. Visit our newsroom to learn more: news.marriott.com
To search all jobs or learn more about Marriott careers:
Connect and network online with us:
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Assistant Chief Engineer jobs in Cambridge, Massachusetts: