Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Assistant Manager Jobs in San Jose, CA
Assist. Manager-F&B Operations(NE)(HtlOps)-San Jose Marriott(12001EN0)
The San Jose Marriott located at 301 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA, 95113 is currently hiring an Assistant Manager - F&B Operations (NE) (HtlOps) (Job Order # 12001EN0)
Assists with supervising food and beverage/culinary daily operations. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Ensures standards and legal obligations are followed.
Relocation is offered and may or may not include a real estate program for existing homeowners.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Assisting in Managing Day-to-Day Operations
- Assists in the ordering of F&B supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
- Supervises daily F&B shift operation and ensures compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
- Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
- Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunction.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
- Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (including General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
- Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Stays readily available/ approachable for all team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Stays readily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Performs hourly job function if necessary.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress report.
To search all jobs or learn more about Marriott careers:
Connect and network online with us:
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Assistant Manager jobs in San Jose, California:
Assistant Manager (Milpitas, CA)
Border Transfer, Inc. in San Jose, CA
Posted 4 days ago on ZipRecruiter
General Manager - Assistant Managers Needed!
Gecko Hospitality in San Jose, CA
Posted 13 days ago on ZipRecruiter
General Manager, Assistant Manager
Chuck E. Cheese's in San Jose, CA
Posted 10 days ago on ZipRecruiter