Vision, Medical, Dental, 401K
Do you love inbound marketing and can you write?
If so, here's what you will do here:
- Learn and understand who we are, our mission and the market we serve
- Align your "journalism" skills with our marketing and growth plans
- Write and edit content aimed at attracting our target audience (mostly about fundraising)
- Engage with fundraisers by posting comments and discussions at their "online watering holes" (chat groups, social media, blogs, etc.)
- Post helpful links that drive traffic back to our content
- Lead the development of at least 2 - 3 different podcasts (1. Fundraising metrics/analytics - aligned with our Fundraising Report Card Product 2. Engagement Fundraising - about new innovations in the sector aligned with our other products 3. How I built my consulting practice - a podcast that interviews leaders in the field to help them gain notoriety)
- Assist marketing by distributing content online via PR sites or other means
- Develop copy for new content such as eBooks, reports, studies, etc.
- Share or repurpose and share content we already have
- Help develop training materials and manuals to get new employees up to speed fast (we're growing and need to scale so we'll need to create explainer videos to help train new staff)
This might be a great job for you if:
- You feel like you are under-utilized, smothered, and/or unable to affect change
- You have been prevented from solving problems at your current job for reasons beyond your control
- You feel frustrated because your team is not really much of a team; but rather, they are opponents and back-stabbers
- You want to learn and grow
- You want to be part of something fun, rewarding and special
Before we found most of our staff, they were frustrated, pigeonholed, mistreated, and worn-out. They knew they had character, passion and work ethic but they were being held back— until they joined MarketSmart.
- You will work directly with the CEO and the rest of the team
- You will learn (from our CEO) the fundamentals of content development, business development, marketing and fundraising
- You will absorb and/or sharpen tons of skills such
- You will grow while serving a mission that will make you feel really happy!
Should you apply?:
- It would be nice if you have a Bachelor degree in Marketing/Communications/Journalism and/or 3+ years in business BUT it definitely is not necessary (we have hired people without a college degree or experience and they have done exceptionally well because we value passion and character much more than a college degree or experience)
- You’ll also need to be tenacious, organized and detailed (in other words, you must dot your “i”s and cross your “t”s)
- You’ll need to have a solid working knowledge of the Office suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Plus you’ll need to be able to pick-up inbound and outbound marketing concepts (including content strategies, email best practices, landing page best practices, retargeting, PPC, brochure and marketing collateral development, and personalized direct marketing using print and mail)
- Solid verbal communication skills are essential
- And, finally, it would be nice if you have an understanding of fundraising strategies, tactics and best practices (especially major gifts and planned gifts marketing) but this is also not 100% necessary (we can teach you that stuff by having you simply read our blog)
The position is on-site, full-time and comes with outstanding medical/dental benefits after a probationary period. We even contribute to our employees’ health savings accounts and have a nifty 401K that gets partially funded by the company.
If you are interested in this position, please DO NOT RESPOND HERE.
Instead, go to our website and fill out the form athttp://www.imarketsmart.com/careers/open-positions then go to Open Positions, click on Marketing Coordinator / Apply Now… then upload your resume and fill out the brief form.
About MarketSmart, LLC:
MarketSmart is a marketing software/services firm that delivers exceptional, cutting-edge planned gift and major gift fundraising solutions to nonprofits. Simply stated, we help fundraisers raise more money, more efficiently.
Job seekers: Learn more at Glassdoor- http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-MarketSmart-Maryland-EI_IE790535.11,31.htm
All Jobs at MarketSmart, LLC
Posted 20 days ago