The U.S. Credit Risk Management team is new. The candidate will be the first hire in this newly created position. The team is expected to grow with the business. In particular, a new Agency Lending desk is expected to be launched Q4 2013
- U.S. Credit Risk Manager, positioned within Credit Management team, works with all kind of stakeholders, interacts with different business lines and other functions.
- In order to ensure a single credit risk monitoring policy for all locations, each local team interacts with the central team based in Europe.
- It is crucial that each team maintains a global consistency within ensuring a common approach and quality of controls and reports.
On top of credit risk monitoring, the candidate will oversee the entire range of activities based in the US that bear credit, counterparty and market risks.
Those activities currently are:
- Local custody
- US Correspondent Clearing, a FINRA regulated activity (series 7 needed)
- Broker & Asset Manager Financing (BAMF)
- Listed Derivative clearing (including Dolce)
- Knowledge of industry processes and develop a clear understanding of internal credit processes and assure their implementation in the US
- Manage and oversee the daily credit control and monitoring process (Before the Fact and After the Fact controls),
- Ensure reporting from the team is accurate and delivered on a timely basis
- Provide a point of escalation for the resolution of credit issues arising in collaboration with Credit Risk Management team located in Europe
- Contribute with the Credit Analysis Team (CAT) in the annual review process of credit lines, providing utilization analysis and recommendations
- Liaise with Central Credit Risk Management team to re-allocate and optimize the use of existing credit and counterparty risk lines
- Interact regularly with operational team and development teams in order to identify new credit controls to implement for new products or specifics clients
- Liaise with the business and GRM in order to anticipate any blocking points
- Support the business and coverage teams with training and understanding of the Group credit process
- When required, contribute/participate to the NAC/TAC process, providing input on monitoring and control of credit/counterparty risks.
- Collaborate with Project Management Team to enhancements or functional changes required in the systems infrastructure supporting the credit process.
- Be the subject matter expert and key point of contact for credit control and monitoring
- Develop and maintain the local procedures around the internal credit processes
- Provide input through Internal Control Committee regarding the risk taken by the Location ( KRI )
Represent Credit Risk Management in interdepartmental meetings
- Participate to Quarterly conference call with all CRM teams (Credit Risk Management)
- Provide information to local ICC (Internal Control Committee).
- Prepare for and attend other specialized committees as required
- Respond to operational and Product teams inquiries
- Respond to information requests from Management
- Identify, define, follow-up with all parties until new procedures/processes, reporting, new tools, linked directly to credit and risk management are applied.
- Improve existing process and procedure for the credit control process.
- New business initiatives (product development)
- Training: provide training in relation to credit analysis, policy, process and application, promoting credit culture within BP2S in conjunction with GRM.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience working in a similar capacity
- Knowledge of Securities Services is preferable. Alternatively, good knowledge of the US platform and R-IM
- Strong leadership skills and a team player
- Good analytical and problem solving skills and a critical spirit
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Good relationship skills, Responsive, assertive with diplomacy.
- Series 7