Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Excellent culture and employee benefits. We are a customer service company that happens to do construction.”
A Superintendent is a person who is responsible for managing the construction of a project per the plans, specifications, contract, and schedule.
· Adherence to the project plans and the customer’s contract specifications and requirements.
· Supervises and reports the progress of the work in Procore.
· Supervises and ensures the health and safety of the workers per OSHA and Marand’s Safety Policy.
· Leads safety toolbox talks each week.
· Responsible for the successful and on-time completion and delivery of the project.
· Supervises the construction project and the workers and ensures that the quality of work and materials is upheld.
· Individual regularly reports the progress and status of the project to the Project Manager and to leaders of Marand Builders, weekly.
· Monitors the functions on site to oversee all the construction process.
· Ensures that the budget is followed in terms of purchases and wages and maintain records of same.
· Performs the general inspection of the workers and supervises their performance.
· Ensures that the safety rules and regulations are met properly.
· Coordinates with the government inspectors on the standard requirements of the site in terms of licenses and safety.
· Supervises the subcontractors and owner vendors to ensure that they are punctual and that they deliver.
· Does the work of documentation as well as writing project progress records in liaison with the foreman.
· Provides an updated look ahead schedule each week to all team members.
· Leadership: individual needs to have the ability to supervise and lead the team.
· Organization: individual should be able to schedule and supervise multi-tasking work of a multi-member team.
· Experience: individual should have required and proven knowledge in commercial building and construction and related sectors.
· Scope of Work: individual should have experience with program oversight on interior renovation work up to 8K sq. ft., considerable MEP work and relocation experience (relocation work to include panels, HVAC units, underground trenching, etc.), quality proficiency in framing, drywall and finishes, and a complete understanding of high rise work. Desired candidate will be detail/process oriented enough to follow all procedures for high rise work, along with the ability to complete all required access and billing forms digitally on project sizes in the $500K-$2M valuation range.
· Safety: A Superintendent Level 2 is required, at a minimum, to possess a valid OSHA 30 card at all times while working on Marand projects.
· Problem-Solving: individual should have and demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
· Communication: individual should possess and demonstrate excellent communication skills not only with team members, but also with the Project Management and the Customer.
· Computer Skills: individual needs to be computer literate and should have basic computer knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office and Procore software.
· The successful Construction Project Superintendent should have the minimum of a High School Diploma. A Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year College or University or an Associate’s Degree from a Vocational School is a plus.
· A minimum of five to ten years’ experience “on the job” is required.
· Travel is a requirement of this job. Travel can be up to 75%
· This position involves work at a construction site where duties will be performed both indoors and outdoors
· Working hours may be extended to meet project deadlines
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a company iPad, phone, and other business machines
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk
· Reach with hands and arms
· Climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
· Talk or hear
· The employee is occasionally required to sit
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles (before the use of airscrubbers); outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and risk of vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Building with Pride & Integrity: Marand is always looking for new team members that are self-motivated, hard-working and have strong critical thinking skills! Marand Builders provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, project bonuses, health benefits and per diem for travel.