Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for providing relevant support to Controller and VP Finance with monthly & annual financial and management reporting packages and year end working papers. She/he is in charge with:
1) Timely completion and thoroughness of monthly and annual reporting packages.
2) Professional judgement in applying pertinent GAAP principles when dealing with complex accounting issues. 3) Proper expense/cost allocation and reporting of by profit/cost center P&L. She/he will allocate 10-15% of the time to supervise the A/P Coordinators and the Intermediate Accountant.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Directly leads a team of 4 employees in the Finance department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Leads, develops, and mentors all direct reports; conduct performance management reviews on time provide meaningful feedback; establish goals and objectives for each team member in alignment with the broader organizations focus.
· Defines, maintains, and reports relative key performance indicators.
· Tracks and approves all vacation & personal days for team members.
· Delegates with development in mind.
· Identifies marginal performers and carry out any required development plans/corrective actions as necessary and in conjunction with Controller, VP Finance and Human Resources.
· Maintains positive employee relations; ensure the open-door policy is observed and a collaborate approach is adopted.
· Works with his/her respective group to ensure overall company training needs are achieved.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance/Business.
· Minimum 5 years of experience with at least 1-year previous supervisory experience and previous Senior Accountant experience with full accountability for full set of Financial Statements preparations.
· Relevant technical knowledge, Excel skill, and solid understanding of Canadian GAAP (ASPE).
· Product costing, and cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
· Proven experience in delivery of management reporting.
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
· Ability to perform variance analysis and root cause problem-solving.
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
· Proactive mind-set of managing changes and improvements.
· Team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
· Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage data with integrity.
· High energy with a personal commitment to task completion.
· Proactive, focused on details, and deadline oriented.
· Organized, assertive and decisive.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to develop effective relationships within Finance and the organization.
· Ability to communicate effectively, having a positive attitude and being a real team player.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English.
· Ability to speak effectively and make presentation in front of senior / executive management panels.
Strong MS Excel and accounting software skills (Mapics / AS400).
· Intermediate/ Advanced Excel & Word user
· Good organizational & problem-solving skills.
· Ability to multi-task and manage a large amount of data with integrity.
· Availability for overtime during month end and year end closing process.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our workplace. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility Legislation. Accommodations will be provided to individuals, upon request. If selected to participate in the recruitment process and you require accommodations, please advise Human Resources.
Posted date: 29 days ago