Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Customer Marketing Manager Jobs in Chicago, IL
Customer Marketing Manager
Our client is one of the largest and most prestigious wineries in the US. The corporate culture is extraordinary and includes a visible commitment to employee development. The average time between promotions is 2 years. They have been in business for more than 25 years; and have enjoyed consistent growth, even in otherwise down economies. They are currently seeking a Customer Marketing Manager based in Chicago. This role will support our client's sales teams in IL, MN, WI and MO). The focus is on developing supplemental business, sales and promotions in the retail chain grocery channels.
The Customer Marketing Manager reports to the Senior Director of Shopper Insights for the US, who in turn reports to our client’s Senior VP of Sales and Marketing. This position manages one direct report, an Associate customer Marketing Manager. The individual in this role will be responsible for the development and management of the annual shopper marketing plan for an assigned region by creating and executing plans that will support the business unit objectives, goals, strategies, tactics and measures within retail chain channels while balancing the specific requirements of Channels/Trades in the assigned Region. There is a focus on designing customized promotions, co-marketing and the creation of point of sale pieces for specific accounts. The overall emphasis is to increase sales, distribution, consumer awareness and product mix resulting in elevated market share while contributing to the goals of the organization. The Trade Marketing Manager will support all retail channels for their respective Regions including grocery, club, drug, mass and c-stores. The Trade Marketing Manager works cross functionally with Category Management, Shopper Insights, Sales and Distribution.
• Serves as a forward deployed marketing expert for business partners and their shoppers; develops and customizes national and local programs for Trade needs
• Collaborates on “big idea” development with Trade Development teams and Category Management COE to drive locally relevant and impactful Trade Marketing solutions. Also works with Shopper Marketing COE to leverage insights and develop “big ideas”.
• Manages the creative process (including all briefs) for local generated POS development ensuring that our brands get the highest quality creative development from our agencies.
• Ensures that all programs are delivered on time and complete to Trade Development and Distributor Management teams.
• Communicates Trade Marketing activity with key distributors.
• Executes national Trade development programs.
• Delivers quarterly and annual regional program results (ROI).
• Develops and nurtures regional relationships and programs with CPG companies, food brokers and food distributors.
• Collaborates with Brand Marketing, Sales Managing Directors, Shopper Marketing COE, Creative Services, and CP&I to develop the yearly plan based on key shopper insights for their respective channel.
• Implements the execution of the annual integrated shopper marketing plan for brands and major retail Trades in assigned geography.
• Maintains accountability for brand equity tactics and execution; manages the overall Trade marketing plan performance in assigned region.
• Develops the optimal Shopper Marketing programs based on Trades' unique marketing tools.
• Maintains budget management accountability for all retail marketing activity within the region.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum HS Diploma. BS or MBA degree highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of CPG Marketing experience, with at least 3 years related to the creation of customized programs for retail chains (grocery, club, mass, drug or c-stores).
- Cumulative customer facing experience of one year or more (Buyer calls at chain HQ with or without respective Account Managers).
- Minimum one year experience working with Distributor Chain Account Managers to identify opportunities for brand growth and development within retail channels.
- Direct Management of at least one direct report (highly desired but not mandatory).
- Skilled in statistical analysis and problem solving.
- Familiarity with IRI, Nielsen, Spectra and similar data a strong plus
- Proven ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts to reach consensus around common goals.
- Understanding of a three-tier distribution (highly desired but not mandatory for those with existing CPG experience within a broker or DSD environment))
- Knowledge of or a personal interest in wine and learning more about it.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both oral and written).
- Experience successfully working with cross functional teams and with other corporate functions to achieve success (BUY-IN) in a dynamic work environment.
- Required to possess a valid driver’s license and clean DMV record.
- Required to travel by automobile or airplane.
Compensation and Benefits:
Base salary of $100K to $125K plus target 20% annual bonus, max 40%; car allowance, expense account, 3 weeks’ vacation, medical, dental, vision, matching 401K and more!
Our Client is An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About Major U.S. Winery:
Highly stable, well established Fortune 500 Wine and Spirits company with distribution throughout the US and Canada. Great culture! Opportunities for rapid advancement abound.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Customer Marketing Manager jobs in Chicago, Illinois:
Customer Marketing Manager
The Job Window in Chicago, IL
Posted 5 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Marketing Manager NEW!
Airoom Architects, Builders and Remodelers in Chicago, IL
Posted 7 hours ago on ZipRecruiter
Marketing Manager NEW!
Cosmetic Surgery Center in Glenview, IL
Posted 12 hours ago on ZipRecruiter