Director of Manufacturing
Our client, a leading capital equipment manufacturer serving the health care industry, is seeking a Director of Manufacturing. This is a highly visible position and the person selected for this position will help our client with their production efforts of their next generation of products.
Responsible for managing multi-million dollar departmental budgets. Oversee plans for efficient use of materials, machines and manpower.
Responsible for production costs, product quality, production schedules, product delivery and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of facility.
- Provide quality services to customers.
- Ensure that facility is in full compliance with terms and conditions of contractual commitments.
- Responsible for maintain productive relationship with suppliers.
- Contribute to cost reduction, product improvement, new product implementation and forecasting of future production capacities.
- Provide and implement personnel development plans for all direct reports.
- Conduct annual performance assessments.
- Responsible for working with cross functional teams to meet the plant and business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for employee development by effective coaching and mentoring.
- Complete all of the corporate, business unit and plant reports on schedule.
- Collaborate with the Implementation, Engineering and Field Service group to resolve all customer issues.
- Accountable for the plant success in safety, quality, cost, production and employee morale.
- Responsible for providing training opportunities to all employees.
- Responsible for developing and executing the vision and mission.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree required.
Understanding of electro-mechanical design and production, problem solving, MRP, logistics and quality management.
Must maintain up to date knowledge of federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations and requirements for the facility to ensure compliance, enforcing adherence to these requirements and laws.
Knowledge of maintenance programs, human resource management skills, finance and accounting principles.
Solid working knowledge of spread sheet software
Working knowledge of simple database software such as Access.
Minimum of ten years in manufacturing/production related management and people leadership.
Management experience within a union and non-union environment desired.
Knowledge of workflow logistics, bill of material structure, facility operations, mechanical aptitude, human relations.
Salary $120,000 - $150,000