· Work with the business and IT teams to design, develop and implement technologies across the firm.
· Convert functional specifications into well designed and developed technology deliverables. Role may also include meeting with users to understand requirements and produce functional specifications.
· Assist in the testing and implementation of developed components and/or vendor applications.
· Provide ongoing support and development services to the internal business users. Support will include being part of an extended hour support team where members will need to be contactable after hours on a rotating basis to address critical service outages.Requirements
· Minimum 2-4 years of programming experience in a Windows environment.
· Expertise building distributed services and applications with Visual Studio. Working knowledge in C#.
· Knowledge of SQL through hands-on development experience with SQLServer.
· Experience in commonly used report writing utilities such as MS Reporting Services (preferred), Business Objects and/or Crystal Reports.
· Working experience in developing XML based applications and knowledge in XML based transformation utilities.
· Experience working with developing real-time data feeds, transaction based development and application integration projects preferred, but not required.
· Good project management skills and initiative regarding new processes and systems.
· Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
· Industry Experience - knowledge of Equity and Fixed Income financial products.
· Prior experience working with a Hedge Fund and/or Prime Broker in a Front or Back Office IT capacity preferred, but not required.
· Undergraduate Degree in computer science related field.
Browse programmer analyst jobs in Stamford, Connecticut: