Responsibilities to include:
- Manages all activities related to the Network Engineering staff in the designs, R&D, and documentation of Network Engineering solutions.
- Directs staff in the troubleshooting and resolution of level III network issues as well as manages escalation and communication with other departments.
- Develops engineering strategies and designs for network reliability, capacity and performance that meet customer needs. Works with level I and level II management and staff in the planning, testing and implementing of final designs.
- Translates business objectives into technology solutions, yielding continuous and sustainable change.
- Develops and oversees initiatives in an efficient and cost effective manner that aligns with firms core business strategy.
- Key participant in Technology Strategy group and Architecture group to elicit and translate requirements for proposed new business initiatives.
- Institute enhanced process for technology alignment with business imperatives.
- Foster the exploration of solutions for home grown innovation in order to enable technology evolution.
Results Expected/Experience Required:
- Experience in a Low Latency environment a must, preferably in the Financial industry
- Keep current with recent and future standards, practices, trends, and information with regards to network technologies
- Hire and retain staff with high competence in the network technologies and engineering practices utilized within the
- Manage, leverage and influence network hardware and service vendors to achieve desired outcomes of negotiations, meetings, implemented solutions and contracted engagements.
- Ensure appropriate staffing and support available to resolve unexpected service outages and emergencies on a 24x7 basis
- Provide off-hours escalation and management by accepting and taking ownership of project and user requests originating from inside and outside the group. Also consistently demonstrate timely responses to such requests.
- Provide guidance on the creation of the appropriate departmental policies and procedures.
- Work with minimal direction and be knowledge seeking
- Continuity of network performance (e.g. zero service interruption; recommendations on corrective releases and timely upgrades of hardware and software according to change management policy)
- Ensure customer satisfaction by delivering agreed upon support service levels; periodically report service level fulfillment
- Ensure committed project deliverables meet requirements and are delivered in a timely manner
- Proactively work to implement industry best practices within areas of responsibility and spheres of influence
- Active participation in the Change Management and Information Security programs
- More than fifteen years experience with state-of-the-art network solutions as well as multiple years of managing network professionals.
- Previous experience working in network strategy and architecture roles.
- Be considered an authority on network architecture and design.
- Strong mentoring skills and a continued focus towards raising the knowledge and skills of the networking team.
- Strong business knowledge, with the ability to quickly convert business needs into technology solutions.