Compensation$14 to $18 per hour
Why Work Here?
We are seeking team members to join our crew!
We are looking for an experienced Line Cook/Prep Cook to join our awesome crew! At MacQue's we strive to reward our crew members for their great work by promoting from within whenever possible. We’re looking for individuals who:
• Want to make every guest feel like our most important guest
• Have the ability to communicate about our great food to our guests
• Who want to be challenged by working in and supporting to ensure a fast-paced, fun environment
• Who will help build and develop an amazing, successful crew
• Want to take a leadership role where they have the opportunity to grow their career.
Line Cook Responsibilities:
- Slicing, cutting, shredding, tenderizing, and skewering meat and vegetables.
- Braising and grilling meat and vegetables.
- Checking that ingredients remain fresh and safe for consumption.
- Preventing cross-contamination.
- Preparing meals in accordance with customers' preferences, if applicable.
- Tracking the components of each meal to ensure that the final dish is completed in a timely manner.
- Liaising with waitstaff once orders are finalized.
- Ensuring that your workstation remains clean and orderly at all times.
- Informing the Manager when equipment is due for maintenance, repair, or replacement.
- Tracking inventory to ensure that you always have adequate supplies.
Line Cook Requirements:
- Prior experience as a line/prep cook, preferably with a focus on cutting different meats and grilling.
- The desire for continuous learning and professional development.
- Capacity to stand for long hours.
- Thorough knowledge of food safety guidelines.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Level-headed with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the production of high-quality outputs and excellent customer service.
- Ability to work shifts, over weekends, and on holidays, as required.
· Shift times vary as per unit schedule.
· Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
About Macques Inc:
More than just a restaurant, MacQue’s strives to be a part of the communities we serve. We encourage but do not require, our staff to participate and volunteer to better their communities and we will support our restaurant team when they wish to participate in ongoing community programs. Employees who engage in these volunteer activities are not covered by MacQue’s’s worker’s compensation insurance.
Why our Guest’s are so Important
Restaurants spend much time and money seeking to learn what their guests want. Why does the guest like us? What do they expect? What can we improve? At MacQue’s, our guests know exactly what they want!
A sincere welcome – Clean, comfortable surroundings – Great food and service – And ... hospitality!
What exactly is "hospitality"? At MacQue’s, it means: Treating our guests as if they were guests in our home.
"We have only one job — pleasing our guests."