Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
M Chest Pharmacy is seeking a Shipping Coordinator to join our team in College Station, Texas!
The Shipping Coordinator is responsible for, manages and coordinates the complete range of tasks and requirements of the Shipping Department. These include designing and implementing effective operational processes and activities, managing personnel, initiates quality service and full support to facilities, manages delivery schedule; inventories and ensures maintenance of office equipment, supports Pharmacy, maintains a 24/7 availability status and ensures the M Chest brand and requirements are delivered with professionalism and consistency.
• Manages quality and timely service, strong communications, follow up with and feedback from all facilities
• Responsible for all activities, tasks, scheduling and coordinating daily and stat deliveries
• Supports and assists nurses with pharmacy items; manages provision and maintenance of equipment as provided by Medicine Chest
• Troubleshooting as necessary
• Establishes, oversees and adjusts routes to ensure efficiency, accurate & timely deliveries
• Establishes/develops the processes, scheduling and coordination of all shipping office and delivery tasks
• Develops/monitors internal office tasks and, manages the complex and fluid delivery schedules
• Designs, determines use of and updates essential daily tote spreadsheets and tote inventory sheets
• Reviews all refused/returned med lists, packing slips, return tote tag logs and route sheets to ensure that chain-of-custody has been made for meds, etc. delivered to the facility and returned from the facility to the pharmacy.
• Ensures all rush orders are prepared and shipped same day
• Ensure all non-rush orders are shipped in an organized fashion
• Reviews all orders for accuracy before shipping the order
• Oversees shipping process to include packaging and running of packing slips
• Manages and tracks Medcarts
• Maintains Medcarts and fax machines
• Light building maintenance, i.e., air filters, light bulbs and ballasts.
• Monitors packing slip reconciliation
• Coordinates delivery of ekits, fax machines, scanners and medcarts for new, onboarding facilities.
• Manages requests for, oversees inventories and ensures acceptance of all department supplies
• Confidential paper disposal
• Ensures sound processes for confidential paper processing and trash disposal
• Manages, inventories, provides maintenance, repairs, support for both internal equipment and, ensures all facility equipment is maintained and delivered as requested or as needed
• Fax machines, medication carts, punch card assembly, box inventory, etc.
Third Party Management
• Manages and coordinates with third-party delivery service providers
• Monitors third-party providers’ performance
Monitors, coordinates and establishes procedures for:
• Medication workflow, accounting of daily, stat and cycle deliveries
• Medication corrections and returns
• Oversees daily activities of medications for accurate scanning, organizing, packaging, delivering
• Monitors incorrect medication packaging, returns, misplaced, communicates wing-changes and inaccurate quantities
Performs all other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Supervisor: 2 years
• Shipping: 2 years
• Fluent English
• Mobility within the work environment necessary to perform job duties.
• Ability to lift, carry, push, bend, reach, grasp, perform fine manipulations, etc., necessary to perform job duties.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to use computerized shipping software and email systems
• Ability to remain calm under stress.
• Ability to communicate with customers, personnel and support agencies.
• Ability to evaluate and interpret information.
M Chest Pharmacy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
M Chest invests in quality team members to provide the best customer service to all responsible parties, patients, and nursing staff. We know our employees are the key to our success. We look forward to a lasting relationship.