Primary Role Performed:
Detailing pressure vessels and / or structural steel in accordance with customer specifications with little supervision while complying with project schedule; address project inconsistencies with project team to determine best solutions and responsibility of keeping the drafting project file in order with all back up documentations.Primary Activities:
- Detailing Pressure Vessels using calculations and layout sketch.
- Detailing Structural Steel based on assembly model and Calculations.
- Communicating with the fabrication shop on fabrication issues.
- Creating layouts for design engineering.
- Checking vessels, structural steel, or both.
- Training drafters I, II, III and designer I.
- Leading a small single package project.
- Participate in project meetings.
- High School Graduate or associates degree with 15-20 years experience.
- Understands ASME, AISC and ANSI codes.
- Ability to develop skills to lead large complex packages and multi packages.
- Ability to train drafter I, II, III and designer I.
- Ability to design structural layouts, or vessel internals or PDMS Piping Design/Draft.
- Ability to check vessels, structural details, piping spools and assemblies.
- Capable of utilizing one or more drafting programs such as PDMS, AutoCAD, Inventor.
- Works directly with lead designer and engineering team members in project execution to ensure work is carried out within specifications.
- Works closely with drafting team members to ensure on time delivery.
- Attends project team meetings with all engineering disciplines.
- Supports construction managers at shop location along with fabrication leads with any issues.
Suitable titles for use on Business Cards are as follows:
- Structural Designer II
- Pressure Vessel Designer II
- Piping Designer II
- Designer II
About Lutech Resources:
Lutech Resources is a global recruitment business, providing a complete and integrated scope of resource management for a wide range of leading companies within the energy sector. We advance peoples careers and enable continued growth for industries both upstream (oil & gas exploration and production, LNG) and downstream (petrochemicals and refineries). The organizations we serve require top talent, and by helping them find the right managers, contractors, engineers, project managers and other high-level professionals, we play a vital role within the industry and in the careers of many.
Posted 4 years ago