Lunova Group is currently recruiting for a Materials Buyer
for our client in located in the Pittsburgh, PA area. This person will assume responsibility for a portion of the corporate purchasing function for a multi-plant manufacturing organization.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who is looking to join an industry leading team. A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidate.Responsibilities of the Materials Buyer include:
Requirements of the Materials Buyer include:
- Negotiate prices and lead times for purchased materials used in production
- Anticipate production needs and expedite material deliveries
- Maintain closes contact with manufacturing staff and key vendors to maintain appropriate inventory controls
- Communicate with vendors concerning price requests, invoicing, complaints, etc.
- Conduct periodic visits to vendors to maintain relationships and ensure proper quality standards
- Identify and obtain cost reduction opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with managing inventory levels
- Experience with QAD desired or any similar type of ERP system
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with operating in an ISO environment preferred
For confidential consideration please apply now.