Sorry, this job was closed 11 months ago.
“Let’s talk people...you can depend upon. Long’s Human Resource Services understands people. Serving Mobile since 1948!”
Title: LPN - Alabama Licensed Practical Nurse
Duration: Temp to Perm
Hours/Days: Office Hours, M-F
Pay Rate: $16 -$20/hr
LPN Job Description
Our client offers state of the art Pharmacogenomic testing to physicians and their patients who want to improve care and reduce cost of traditional drug therapies. They deploy LPNs to certain physician practices and outpatient clinics to facilitate specimen collection and support the efforts of practices to make testing available to their patients.
The LPN will:
· Obtain specimens by performing buccal and nasal swabs, and possibly venipuncture.
· Maintain specimen integrity by using aseptic technique
· Track collected specimens by initialing, dating, and noting times of collection; label specimens according to lab instructions
· Prepare daily shipment of lab specimens, ship specimens and retain tracking information
· Maintain daily tallies of collections performed and submit to company office
· Resolve missing data or issues reported by lab
· Arrange for re-test if necessary, and document reason
· Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following company and client site standards and procedures
· Adhere to professional standards, hospital and medical practice policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements
· Comply with HIPAA regulations and protect company
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Train office staff in appropriate specimen collection techniques and maintain log of those staff who have completed training.
· Be prepared to explain Pharmacogenomics testing procedures and benefits to doctors, staff, and patients.
· Work with site manager to identify target patients and call patient roster to make appointments
· Report booked appointments to office.
· Share test results with providers and make certain authorized staff can access portal.
· Travel to assigned worksite
· Maintain good attendance and be punctual.
· All other tasks as assigned by office.
Skills and Qualifications
Active LPN license, HIPAA, BLS, Medical Office Experience, Attention to Detail, Procedural Skills, Infection Control, Bedside Manner, Quality Focus, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Written Communication, Telephone Communication, Punctuality
Alabama Board of Nursing - Active LPN Licence, in good standing
Education, Past Job History Verification, Professional References, Background Checks
At Long’s, our people are our greatest asset. We’ve been serving Mobile and Baldwin Counties – and the entire Gulf Coast area – since 1948. With this experience, we bring unparalleled knowledge of the area markets, and this knowledge translates to the best possible job fit for companies and employees. Plus, we offer a comprehensive suite of tools for your human resource needs, including payroll services and skills testing.
We understand how inspiring it is to find a job that’s a perfect fit. And we understand the critical needs of employers to find quality people to meet their staffing needs – whether long-term or short-term.
When it comes to recruiting and placement of long-term contract, temporary and direct hire employees, we know what works for you. Simply put, we offer jobs. Well done.
Posted date: 11 months ago
Browse LPN Licensed Practical Nurse jobs in Mobile AL USA:
Crowne Health Care in Mobile, AL
Posted 23 days ago on ZipRecruiter
NaphCare, Inc. in Mobile, AL
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Ashland Place Health & Rehabilitation, LLC in Mobile, AL
Posted 6 days ago on ZipRecruiter