Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Unix System Administrator Jobs in Albany, NY
Unix Systems Administrator 005 DOT NY
Target Start date: December 24, 2012
Target End date: December 23, 2014
Duration: 24 months
Hours per week: 40
Task Order #HBITS-01-00005
This position is for a Lead UNIX Systems/Server Administrator.
This is a full time position, 40 hours a week.
Daily work hours are 9:00AM - 5:00PM.
Job location is Albany, NY.
Duties include installing, configuring, upgrading, patching, securing and troubleshooting UNIX systems hardware and software (AIX and Linux). This position requires an in-depth knowledge of IBM’s Power Systems and Hardware Management Consoles (HMC) along with extensive experience with PowerVM/virtualized environments. In addition, this position involves writing and maintaining procedures, documentation, and shell scripts; setting up Nagios and Nmon Performance monitoring; and providing systems support for Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Clusterware/Database environments. This position requires the ability to work independently, make system critical decisions, design new system architecture and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Duties will occasionally require off-hours and weekend support for maintenance and systems support.
Position Mandatory Qualifications:
- 84+ Months
- Candidate is able to provide leadership of large teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field
- Experience in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures, or business applications and products that run on those platforms, beyond that of a Programmer
- The Authorized User may seek Specialists in the following areas (list is not exhaustive):
- Backup and Recovery
- 96 months experience designing, installing, configuring, supporting, and maintaining IBM Power Systems/AIX Servers in enterprise database and application server environments.
- 96 months experience installing, configuring, supporting, and maintaining IBM Virtual I/O Servers/PowerVM/HMC.
- 96 months experience installing, configuring, supporting, and maintaining IBM AIX Operating Systems 5.3, 6.1 and 7.1.
- 96 months experience installing, configuring, supporting, and maintaining Linux Operating Systems.
- 48 months of experience installing and maintaining IBM General Parallel File System (GPFS).
- 48 months of experience supporting and maintaining Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- IBM Technical Certification
Do you anticipate any absences during the engagement period? If so, please list the start and end date for each absence.
What dates can you interview for this position that are at least 7 days after the due date (see due date above)?
Do you have a Skype ID? If so, please provide it. If not, please get one ASAP, it is free. A Skype interview will be required as part of the hiring process.
If selected, you will need to start the job within 10 days.
If selected, you will need to pass a background investigation (BGI).
About Logic House Ltd:
Logic House Ltd., was incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 1990. It is a small business which provides a comprehensive range of management and technical services for the development of information systems. Logic House has experienced continuous growth, due in large measure to our history of successful service engagements. Operating from Pennsylvania and California, Logic House has earned a reputation for providing quality professional services in a timely and cost effective manner.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Unix System Administrator jobs in Albany, New York:
Junior Systems Administrator
RedShift Recruiting in Albany, NY
Posted 13 days ago on ZipRecruiter
System Administrator II, St. Peter's Hospital, Albany NY
Mercy Medical Center Clinton in Albany, NY
Posted 14 days ago on the web
Senior AIX System Administrator
U.S. Bank in Albany, NY
Posted 5 days ago on Nexxt