Close date: November 22, 2012
Target Start date: December 24, 2012
Target End date: December 23, 2014
Duration: 24 months
Hours per week: 40
Task Order #HBITS-01-00005Description:
This position is for a Lead UNIX Systems/Server Administrator.
This is a full time position, 40 hours a week.
Daily work hours are 9:00AM - 5:00PM.
Job location is Albany, NY.Daily Tasks:
Duties include installing, configuring, upgrading, patching, securing and troubleshooting UNIX systems hardware and software (AIX and Linux). This position requires an in-depth knowledge of IBM’s Power Systems and Hardware Management Consoles (HMC) along with extensive experience with PowerVM/virtualized
environments. In addition, this position involves writing and maintaining procedures, documentation, and shell scripts; setting up Nagios and Nmon Performance monitoring; and providing systems support for Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Clusterware/Database
environments. This position requires the ability to work independently, make system critical decisions, design new system architecture and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Duties will occasionally require off-hours and weekend support for maintenance and systems support.Position Mandatory Qualifications:Expert :
- 84+ Months
- Candidate is able to provide leadership of large teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field
- Experience in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures, or business applications and products that run on those platforms, beyond that of a Programmer
- The Authorized User may seek Specialists in the following areas (list is not exhaustive):
- Backup and Recovery
- 96 months experience designing, installing, configuring, supporting, and maintaining IBM Power Systems/AIX Servers in enterprise database and application server environments.
- 96 months experience installing, configuring, supporting, and maintaining IBM Virtual I/O Servers/PowerVM/HMC.
- 96 months experience installing, configuring, supporting, and maintaining IBM AIX Operating Systems 5.3, 6.1 and 7.1.
- 96 months experience installing, configuring, supporting, and maintaining Linux Operating Systems.
- 48 months of experience installing and maintaining IBM General Parallel File System (GPFS).
- 48 months of experience supporting and maintaining Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- IBM Technical Certification
2-3 references are required from each candidate (name, company, phone, e-mail)
Do you anticipate any absences during the engagement period? If so, please list the start and end date for each absence.
What dates can you interview for this position that are at least 7 days after the due date (see due date above)?
Do you have a Skype ID? If so, please provide it. If not, please get one ASAP, it is free. A Skype interview will be required as part of the hiring process.
If selected, you will need to start the job within 10 days.
If selected, you will need to pass a background investigation (BGI).