Closing Date: 10/18/2012 5:00 PM
Category: Computer Programming Services
From Date: 11/16/2012 To Date: 11/15/2013
Logic House is seeking to fill a short term (12 month) contractor assignment. The selected candidate must be a results-oriented individual with a very strong work ethic and must be able to demonstrate excellent IT Project Management, negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills.
This position will support a Maintenance/Enhancement effort for the Vital Records Electronic Birth Registration System and will be responsible for working with both business resources and IT personnel to manage day to day activities and stakeholder expectations.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Ability to work with subject matter experts in order to both document and validate process requirements.
- Proven information technology experience related to project management and systems development.
- Proven track record of delivering IT projects within budget, scope and schedule.
- Objective decision-making ability based on strategic objectives priority, business performance analysis and resource availability.
- Hands on experience managing project risk, cost, schedule, quality, testing, and communications.
- Strong supervision, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Solid work experience with project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project)
- Demonstrated technical expertise with client server application implementations
- PMI certification Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Experience using the Agile Progect Management Methodology.
- Experience with Java-based/Oracle applications.
- Experience with State Government IT initiatives.