Closing Date: 10/18/2012 5:00 PM
Category: Computer Programming Services
From Date: 11/1/2012 To Date: 4/30/2013
Logic House is seeking to fill a short term (approx. 6 month) contractor for the Division of Information Resource Management (DIRM) to provide Project Management Services. The selected candidate must be a results-oriented individual with a very strong work ethic and must be able to demonstrate excellent IT Project Management, negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills. This position will be responsible for working with both senior-level business executives and IT personnel to execute project requirements and manage stakeholder expectations and will assume a lead project management role for the Transition to Community Living implementation project. The project is a multi-division initiative and will require coordination between the various business processes of the divisions.
The project team will focus on the implementation of a tracking system, leveraging data from existing systems as well as expanding on the capture of additional required data elements, to comply with the U.S. Department of Justice settlement with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS). The settlement requires transition to community living planning and implementation for the severely mentally ill and the severely and persistently mentally ill from Adult Care Homes or state psychiatric hospitals. The selected candidate will manage the day to day activities for the project as well as all input to the State PMM tool and will directly manage on a daily basis project risks, cost, and schedule. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Minimum eight (8) years of project management experience, large-scale, complex IT implementation initiatives.
- Proven track record of delivering IT projects within budget, scope and schedule.
- Objective decision-making ability based on strategic objectives priority, business performance analysis and resource availability.
- Hands on experience managing project risk, cost, schedule, quality, requirements gathering and validation, testing, and communications.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience on system deployments with multiple clients.
- Strong supervision, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Demonstrated presentation and training skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Solid work experience with project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project)
- Demonstrated technical architecture/infrastructure knowledge and experience, including experience with multiple hardware platforms and operating systems.
- PMI certification Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Demonstrated technical expertise in multi-platform environments.
- Experience with State Government IT initiatives.
- Knowledge of core functionality and business processes for the transition of individuals from facility to community living.
- Experience with coordinating efforts between clients and vendors when vendor packages are in use.