Start date: 11/26/12
End date: 8/31/13Description:
This Product Specialist is responsible for requirement gathering /analysis, design, coding, testing of J2EE application. Programmer should have worked with Sun Application Server and Sun Java Studio.Environment:
J2EEYears of Relevant Experience:
8 yearsPreferred Education:
4 year college degree or equivalent technical study. Masters degree is preferred.Role Description:
More role description:
- Participate in application designing, coding, testing and deployment
- Understand the existing system, design and develop application enhancements according to Dept required standards
- Write database SQL queries/stored procedures for the applications
- Prepare detailed plan for system implementation phase
- Install application software
- Develop user procedures, materials and training documentation
- Utilize modeling, design and coding skills.
- Conduct system performance and acceptance tests
- Execute production start - up procedures
- Good documentation and communication skills
- Develop Reports
- Perform Application Load/Stress test
Required / Desired Skills
- Actively contribute as an expert or actual designer.
- Coordinate product design reviews to verify that design meets quality standards and functional/technical requirements.
- Provide accurate estimates for design and programming efforts for system changes and enhancements.
- Coordinate enhancements to business and logical data models with data base administration to make the appropriate changes to the physical data model.
- Confirm that technical architecture will support all changes required by product enhancements.
- Identify appropriate business examples to illustrate key concepts / features.
- Anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues and risks affecting own work and work of the Application Team. Develop contingency plans as necessary.
- Make sound recommendations on functional and technical improvements to the application.
- Analyze the functional and technical impact of product planning decisions.
- Develop appropriate functional and usability standards.
- Track and document expected volume and type of use of the product.
- Participate in product design reviews to verify that design meets quality standards and functional/technical requirements.
- Apply specific expertise to ensure that products meet defined customer objectives.
- Anticipate and resolve issues specific to the team.
- Determine time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Identify and track issues, risks and action items.
- Perform impact analysis on enhancements to establish priorities.
- Accurately sets severity of identified defects.
- Provide input to training and / or documentation materials regarding latest technical and functional design changes.
- Document all work for future reference.
- Review the system test approach and conditions used as the basis for detailed test scenarios.
- Follow quality standards.
- Analytical and customer service skills.
- Communicate accurate and useful status updates.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Complete assigned tasks.
- Strong communication skills; both written and spoken
ORACLE 9i and above
CRYSTAL REPORTS IX and above
SUN JAVA STUDIO ENTERPRISE
Netbeans 6.8 or higher