Closing Date: 10/23/2012 5:00 PM
Category: LAN/WAN Development/Upgrade Services
From Date: 11/12/2012 To Date: 8/11/2013
Logic House is seeking to fill a short term (approx. 9 month) contractor assignment for (DIRM). The selected candidate will fill the role of and Advanced level Technology Specialists assisting with implementation of IT infrastructure as designed in a new State facility.
The candidate must have hands-on experience in a broad range of IT Infrastructure including the design and implementation of Local Area Networking (LAN, switches, routers, servers, Voice over IP (VOIP), desktop Storage Area Network (SAN), Wireless LAN (WLAN) and Real Time Location Services (RTLS).
Advanced level Technology Specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform technical implementation of LAN and Technology infrastructure as designed by the architecture team of a new medical grade IT network/infrastructure solution.
• Install, configure, integrate and test (all levels) IT infrastructure components/systems (custom and COTS).
• Supervise that vendor contracted services are performed to the specifications required and defined by the architecture.
• Provide IT infrastructure/systems support and transition knowledge to operations and maintenance support staff.
• Create technical documentation.
• Support the development of infrastructure disaster recovery plans.
• Work with the Senior Architect to assure continuity of planned technologies.
• Review technical documents produced by the Developer or other external sources.
• Perform technical architecture and other deliverable reviews for large-scale projects.
• Perform tasks as assigned by the DHHS Project Manager and supervisors.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Hands-on exp with configuring LAN infrastructure equipment including routers and switches and configuration of VPNs and VLANs.
- Exp with WLAN infrastructure and configuration including Access Points and connecting of wireless devices including handheld and tablet computing and Wi-Fi Protected Access and security.
- Exp implementing PBX and voice communications to include VOIP infrastructure and session initiation protocol (SIP); installation and configuration of voice hardware to include wired and wireless telephony and unified communications.
- Exp implementing technical and non-technical solutions for supporting business process re engineering.
- Exp overseeing and verifying vendor implemented components and integration of technologies.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and interviewing/facilitation skills.
- Is very comfortable with hands-on technical consultation roles and working with business clients.
- Ability to produce and review documents related to technical requirements, designs, implementation plans and verify vendor documentation and test verification.
- CCNP, CCIE or equivalent experience.
- An in-depth understanding of distributed computing using N-tier, distributed processing, client/server, and Internet/intranet technologies.
- Exp in installing and configuring file servers (rack and free standing) and installation and configuration of OS including VMware 5, vSphere, vCenter and Windows Server.
- Exp with a virtual desktop environment (hardware and software) and installation of VMview.
- Knowledge and exposure to Real Time Location Services (RTLS) installation, mapping and testing.
- Exp with large scale projects crossing myriad functional areas using state-of-the-art technologies.
- Exp on large, complex automation/IT infrastructure implementation projects.
- Exp developing/reviewing assessment tools.
- Three (3) years experience as an Advanced Technology Specialists.