Close date: January 29 2013
Target Start date: February 26, 2013
Target End date: February 25, 2015
Duration: 24 months
Hours per week: 40
Task Order #HBITS-01-00131
This is a full time position.
8 hour days (time ranging from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm)
Job location is Albany, NY.Description:
This position will architect, design and implement software solution and assure current and new technologies are effectively integrated to fulfill the business needs. This individual will be expected to provide expertise and hands-on participation in the following activities:
• Understand and implement Integrated Justice Portal standards related to application technologies, including UI standards, development methodology, and coding and style guides.
• Act as the primary technical liaison with technical infrastructure teams to resolve problems and implement solutions to technical issues impacting application performance.
• Work with the Infrastructure team to execute activities such as performance test planning and execution failure failover planning and execution, endurance testing and deployment planning and testing.
• Provide the analysis, design, and code review enterprise applications using JAVA/JEE, JSF, XML, XSLT and the IBM Portal/Websphere Application development software.
• Perform oversight of development activities which may include data analysis, data access, data structures, data manipulation, preparing logical database models, testing and implementation.
• Prepare, and/or review technical documentation such as designs, schemas, etc, as appropriate.
• Provide technical leadership to team of developers.Technical Architecture
• Technical expert centered around a technology, technologies or a portfolio of applications
• Designing and implementing Information Technology solutionsExpert
84+ Months: Candidate is able to provide leadership of large teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.Requested Qualifications:
- Minimum 84 months experience designing and implementing highly available and scalable multitier applications using Object Oriented or Service Oriented Architecture demonstrating a solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and JEE Design Patterns
- Minimum 36 months hands on experience in creating technical designs and deploying applications in IBM Websphere Portal 6.1 and Webshpere Application servers 6.0 or higher.
- Minimum 36 months experience architecting systems related to criminal justice processing (including but not limited to: disposition processing, fingerprint identification processing, criminal history updating, Sex Offender management, tracking of Wanted/Missing persons, or initiatives related to Offender Supervision).
- Minimum 48 months creating technical designs that are implemented with JAVA Development Kit (JDK 1.5 or higher).
- Minimum 24 months experience creating technical designs used to implement applications deployed on an Integrated Justice Portal.
- Minimum 60 months hands performing code review of applications developed using JMS, EJB, MQ, JSF, JAXB, JAXWS, and/or Hibernate.
2-3 references are required from each candidate (name, company, phone, e-mail)
Do you anticipate any absences during the engagement period? If so, please list the start and end date for each absence.
What dates can you interview for this position that are at least 7 days after the due date (see due date above)?
Do you have a Skype ID? If so, please provide it. If not, please get one ASAP, it is free. A Skype interview will be required as part of the hiring process.
If selected, you will need to start the job within 10 days.
If selected, you will need to pass a background investigation (BGI).