Close date: May 5, 2013
Target Start date: May 30, 2013
Target End date: February 28, 2014
Duration: 9 months
Hours per week: 40
Task Order #HBITS-01-00645
This is a full time position.
Hours are Negotiable.
Job location is Rochester, NY
OCFS has had the greatest success in implementing and supporting the CONNECTIONS application deployments when it has provided the end users on-site face-to-face support during deployment. Providing on-site support staff resources accelerates a caseworker’s ability to successfully master how to utilize the new application properly and results in fewer case documentation errors and aids in user acceptance. The staff hired will provide one-to-one or small group on- site support to users in how to best utilize the new application features and to how incorporate them into their business processes. The hired staff will understand and be able to translate the screen changes of the transformed CONNECTIONS for the end-users. These staff will also serve as the front line to identify software issues that could possibly occur when the application is first migrated and will also be able to quickly provide helpful information to users for features that require additional training or technical assistance.
Ongoing support of the system will be provided by a cadre of well-trained, experienced support staff will significantly help ease the transition for users as OCFS deploys new application development over the next several years.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Go on-site to local districts and voluntary agencies located within the Rochester Region to assist caseworkers/supervisors in properly using the CONNECTIONS application
- Trouble shoot either via phone or while on-site application issues needing resolution
- Provide training support and technical assistance follow-up to CONNECTIONS users in using new CONNECTIONS functionality both prior to rollout and following the rollout.
- Troubleshoot issues encountered on-site and provide information and data to help resolve identified problems
- Assist in providing face-to-face support for an array of ad hoc OCFS initiatives that require a specialized response.
Experience in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures, or business applications and products that run on those platforms, beyond that of a Programmer- The Authorized User may seek Specialists in the following areas (list is not exhaustive):• Backup and Recovery• SecuritySkill Level:
Mid Level-36-60 months. Candidate is able to work without assistanceRequested Qualifications:
- 36 months of experience providing actual on-site implementation assistance for a large scale automation effort
- 36 months of experience in change management; planning and implementing change.
- 15 months of experience in implementing SACWIS systems in New York State or another state.
- 36 months of experience providing training and/or technical assistance in either a classroom or in a work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Do you anticipate any absences during the engagement period? If so, please list the start and end date for each absence.
What dates can you interview for this position that are at least 7 days after the due date (see due date above)?
Do you have a Skype ID? If so, please provide it. If not, please get one ASAP, it is free. A Skype interview will be required as part of the hiring process.
If selected, you will need to start the job within 10 days.
If selected, you will need to pass a background investigation (BGI).