Closing Date: 2/04/2013 5:00 PM
Category: Computer Systems Analysis Services
From Date: 02/11/2013 To Date: 02/10/2014
Logic House is seeking to fill a short term (approx. 12 month) contractor assignment for a Content Management Business Architect for The NCDOT Content Management Program. The selected candidate will serve as a “bridge” between the IT Organization and Business Analysts to be assigned by the Business to specific CM Releases. The primary role of this position is to ensure an Integrated Enterprise Approach to both Content and Business Process Management. This position will not be responsible for definitions and descriptions but will guide Business Analysts in the creation of those.
The selected candidate will:
o Model business relationships
o Discover key capabilities
o Identify business roles which provide those capabilities
o Identify clusters of content types related to those key capabilities
o Identify business roles which use those content types
o Identify metadata needed to support records management and search and find capabilities for a given content cluster
o Develop an Enterprise Capability/Content Map which at a minimum tracks specific content types associated with each key capability as they are brought into the ECM system
o Develop and document the detailed knowledge of a business area that a given release has been chartered to address
o Coordinate with Business Analysts assigned to conduct Interviews with stakeholders and SMEs to elicit business rules, understand processes, content , and systems in use
o Detail the consequences to each individual Unit and the Enterprise of making a business change to address a specific issue
o Coordinate with Business Analysts who will be responsible for documentation of the requirements, rules, use cases, business process and metadata for each release to ensure that integration of content and processes is occurring across the Enterprise .
o Create documentation and provide knowledge transfer to other team members
o Work with projects , initiatives and architects to support an Enterprise Content Integration Approach DOT-CM Program Manager to manage the day to day operations of the DOT-CM Program for the Enterprise Content Management Project; delivering an Enterprise Content Management solution for NCDOT.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements: Required Skills:
• MBA and/or other equivalent knowledge/education/experience as a Business or IT Generalist with a strong understanding of business functional issues and interdependency concerns
• Experience supporting an Enterprise Content Management deployment
• Experience with capability analysis and mapping content to capabilities
• Experience with rigorous content/data analysis and modeling skills
• Experience with enterprise metadata management
• Understanding of information and application interdependencies, system development methodologies and requirements identification and analysis
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time
• Knowledge of the functioning of units within a State Transportation Department
About Logic House Ltd:
Logic House Ltd., was incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 1990. It is a small business which provides a comprehensive range of management and technical services for the development of information systems. Logic House has experienced continuous growth, due in large measure to our history of successful service engagements. Operating from Pennsylvania and California, Logic House has earned a reputation for providing quality professional services in a timely and cost effective manner.