Closing Date: 12/27/2012 5:00 PM
Category: Computer Systems Analysis Services
From Date: 1/21/2013 To Date: 8/21/2013
Logic House is seeks a short term (approx.. 7 month) assignment for a senior / lead software development position to be part of the development team for the NCDOT Prioritization 3 project (P3) assigned to the NCDOT GIS Unit Technology Section. This position is an advanced software development role in a team environment requiring specialization in GIS technology and an advanced understanding of application and system development.
Major duties include:
1. Consult with customers to ensure implementation is on track to meet expectations.
2. Design, develop, maintain, and support advanced tools, technologies and methodologies related to GIS.
3. Develop scripts, program modules, and applications as needed for implementation, testing, monitoring, and maintenance.
4. Develop and implement operations and maintenance processes with NCDOT staff.
5. Assist with reviews (design, code, etc.) and make recommendations for required changes and suggestions for improvement.
6. Develop test plans for all levels of testing. Develop and execute regression, design verification, and performance tests.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
1. Strong skills in application source code development, complex system integration, software configuration management, and development processes
1. Visual Studio.NET 2010, C# and Python in a service oriented architecture (SOA
2. Developing and deploying .NET solutions with IIS
3. ESRI’s ArcGIS product line
4. Installing and configuring software in a Microsoft server environment
5. Automating manual business and IT processes
Required Knowledge of:
1. ArcGIS Server (security, scaling, load balancing, deployment)
3. GIS principals, theories, and practices
4. Industry standards including (UML, XML, XSD, XSLT, HTML, CSS, Web Services, SOAP, REST, AJAX)
5. Software development methodologies
6. Virtualization and cloud technologies
1. Integrating and implementing complex technology solutions
2. With Software Configuration Management tools. e.g. Team Foundation Server, CVS, Subversion, or Clear Case
3. Working with external technology vendors
Required Abilities To:
1. Develop activity schedules from high level requests
2. Work proficiently with very minimal daily guidance
3. Communicate effectively in oral and written forms
About Logic House Ltd:
Logic House Ltd., was incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 1990. It is a small business which provides a comprehensive range of management and technical services for the development of information systems. Logic House has experienced continuous growth, due in large measure to our history of successful service engagements. Operating from Pennsylvania and California, Logic House has earned a reputation for providing quality professional services in a timely and cost effective manner.