Closing Date: 10/25/2012 5:00 PM
Category: Computer Programming Services
From Date: 11/12/2012 To Date: 4/12/2013
Logic House is seeking to fill a short term (approx. 6 month) contractor assignment:
Responsibilities and Expectations include the following as well as other duties to be determined as needed by the client regarding Lotus Domino and Java.Responsibilities/Expectations will include the following:
- Review Functional and Technical requirements for clarity.
- Research and analyze existing business documents and processes, including forms and reports, and assist in making recommendations about improvements to processes.
- Business Rule identification and validation.
- Assist with the Application design and analysis as well as provide input to the Database design.
- Document application design and system architecture in accordance with NCDPI standards.
- Lotus Domino, Java, Application development, code documentation and unit testing.
- Assist with the Integration design for data exchange, import and export.
- Build applications as directed by the HRMS Team Manager.
- Report creation and validation
- Resolve any application issues found in functional, performance, regression or acceptance testing.
- Document the application as built.
- Document the database schemas as built.
- Document the data retrieval methods via ETL, FTP and other means utilized to include source, destination, schedule and job controls.
- Perform training to NCDPI staff for the maintenance/support of the applications built.
- Perform Java, training and support to NC DPI staff as other applications enter phases of the SDLC
Any other duties as determined needed by the HRMS Team Manager with regards to developing Java applications.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Minimum of (5) five years Lotus Domino Designer
- Experience in leadership, leading in areas as outlined in the above description
- Knowledge of the principles and methods used in obtaining maximum utilization of computing equipment
- In-depth knowledge of web servers including Apache and Tomcat
- Understanding and implementation of security best practices and requirements
- Preference will be given to the candidate with demonstrated experience in the following: C#Net, Mercurial, Eclipse, IBM Lotus Domino Designer, and Team Studio
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Explain complex systems concepts to customers, staff and peers in a simple, effective and appropriate manner
- Quickly evaluate multiple operational situations, choose the most appropriate response and manager resolution to completion while under stressful conditions
- Perform or assist in root cause analysis on system and network issues