Closing Date: 11/4/2012 5:00 PM
Category: Computer Programming Services
From Date: 11/13/2012 To Date: 5/31/2013
Logic House is seeking a short term (not to exceed six months) contractor to work with the DENR Division of Information Technology Services to assist with the implementation of the Business Objects XI Enterprise reporting software. The UST Tank Information Management System (TIMS) uses Business Objects Enterprise Web Intelligence to handle reporting for all application functions.
Main responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Computer programming to create new reports
- Modify existing reports using Business Objects XI R2, WEBI Universes, and other supporting technologies
- Provide results of testing for those reports and recommend changes
Expectations of Candidate:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Advanced experience with BO Universe Design, Report Analysis, Report Design, Mash-ups, Relational Database structures using Oracle and Writing complex SQL. (New reports will be specified in the business requirements and will draw on information stored in TIMs for Facility, Billing, Inspections and Permitting modules to display various aspects of the business including work flow, performance measures, data counts, accounting information and basic information about tank ownership, construction, inspection, permitting, etc.).
- Utilize date pickers and various other filters to define the parameters of a report
- Utilize Migration and development of some key reports to train/mentor DENR staff for the future management and use of the system.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in designing universes and WebI reports in the Business Objects Enterprise reporting system
- Exceptional report design and layout skills
- Extensive experience with Oracle database technology is required
- Experience with writing complex SQL
- Ability to work independently to achieve outcomes in an expedient and professional manner.
- Exceptional communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal )
- Experience in mentoring staff to perform duties: including WebI universe and report design, creation, and support