Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“GROWING COMPANY LOOKING TO ADD TO TEAM!”
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Shift Supervisor will be responsible for monitoring, supporting, and directing the work to be performed during the shift, assisting the Production Coordinator/Manager with scheduling work assignments, assistance with employee selection, performance employee reviews, and administration of work rules. The main focus will be the safety, quality management, and productivity in accordance with the procedures and policies in place.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
*Food safety or quality responsibilities within job. All staff are responsible for reporting food safety and quality issues to those that can initiate action.
1. *Accomplishes results by communicating job expectations, appraising job results, and enforcing systems, policies, standards, and procedures.
2. *Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process, monitoring personnel and support resources, facilitating resolutions, initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments. Percent of work day visible on the production floor is approximately 80%, at a minimum completing rounds on the production floor at least once per hour.
3. Completes production thru following the scheduling plan and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, resolving problems (Holds, NCR, CAPA, QRB, etc.), reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
4. Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests. Examples of this would be the tracking of such items as die sharping, make ready material usage, and efficiency methods for optimal production performance.
5. *Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of procedures, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures such as 5S and incident investigations.
6. Contribute to team efforts by participating in the various functional and cross functional teams to address issues identified, as well as continuous improvement projects, including serving as a CAPA champion.
7. Troubleshooting and monitoring of equipment throughout the facility, in addition to and including equipment used in support of quality testing/assurance.
8. *Team adherence of SQF and GMP procedures.
9. Supporting and monitoring the training of new employees. Providing feedback for needs related to training. Identify areas of weakness and assists with the training of personnel.
10. *Enforces all quality checks. Included in this duty would be the completion and monitoring of NEO scanning activities.
11. Verifies employees’ time and attendance with the assistance of Payroll administrator and HR.
12. Coach, guide, and develop direct reports, create meaningful feedback discussions that support and enhance employee success. Included in this duty would be 1:1s and Performance Management. Support personnel through avenues such as locks/locker assignment, acquiring safety protective equipment and uniforms.
13. Performing Foreign Material audits per procedure and assign/communicate actions required to resolve issues identified.
All production personnel on your assigned shift: associate shift leads, print team, and die cut team.
2. Education and /or Experience
3. Language Skills
4. Mathematical Skills
5. Reasoning Ability
LMI Packaging Solutions fosters a highly focused culture of continuous learning and improvement and the development of team strengths in critical productivity and positivity behaviors. LMI Packaging Solutions, is a growing Pleasant Prairie, WI manufacturer and distributor of packaging products to the leading food companies in North America.
Posted date: 13 days ago