Under the direction of the Production Manager, the ink technician is responsible to submit orders for inks, stage, and return inks, control inventory and conduct monthly inventory counts of the ink room. Two of the main focal areas are to reduce press operator down time due to color matching and reduce costs in the ink room.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
*Food safety or quality responsibilities within job. All staff are responsible for reporting food safety and quality issues to those that can initiate action.
1. Stage ink for print jobs.
2. Read and understand the print travelers.
3. Understanding of the GSC Dispensing System for mixing PMS colors.
4. Ability to use and understand the SAGE systems.
5. Interface with suppliers (ink and equipment such as X-Rite and GSC dispensing system).
6. Ability to fill out purchase orders and order inks.
7. Understanding of environmental DNR requirements including VOC data tracking and air emissions impact for reporting
8. Ability to do ink draw downs for the art department in a timely manner.
9. Control and reduce ink inventory.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2. Education and /or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Language Skills
Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
4. Mathematical Skills
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide.
Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
About LMI Packaging Solutions:
LMI Packaging Solutions fosters a highly focused culture of continuous learning and improvement and the development of team strengths in critical productivity and positivity behaviors. LMI Packaging Solutions, is a growing Pleasant Prairie, WI manufacturer and distributor of packaging products to the leading food companies in North America.
Company address:8911 102nd St Pleasant Prairie, WI