Posted 2 years ago in Information Technology
Lionce is currently recruiting for a Telephony Engineer for a great opportunity with one of our partners in Pittsburgh, PA. This is a full time position with a pay rate up to $70,000 a year. For this particular role, our client is only considering either US Citizens or Permanent Residents (either EAD or Green Card).
The client wishes to hire a VoIP Engineer to be responsible for ensuring the secure, stable and optimal operation of the company and customer IP/SIP telephony and network infrastructure.
· Provide day-to-day support and proactive maintenance for IP Telephony systems and work with network engineers as necessary.
· Provide analysis and troubleshooting for customer and internal VoIP platforms and associated products.
· Router, switch, and IP phone configuration and troubleshooting.
· Telephony asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related technical specifications and other documentation.
· Identify and resolve capacity and performance issues to ensure uninterrupted service.
· Assist with operations and planning for business continuity / disaster recovery solutions.
· 24x7 On-call support as required.
Technical Skills and Technical Requirements
· Minimum 3 years of experience supporting complex and converged voice, video and data networks
· More than 2 years of experience in a Telecom Engineer/Support position
· Experience with VoIP and IP Telephony Systems
· Designing, configuring and troubleshooting enterprise MPLS converged (voice, video & data) networks using:
· QoS policies and priority queuing
· IPSLA & Netflow monitoring/management
· Designing, configuring and troubleshooting enterprise voice network using:
· Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), ISDN PRI, etc. trucking
· QoS policing - WAN & LAN
· G.729a voice encoding
· Voice IPSLA monitoring/management
· Other Infrastructure experience and certifications considered a plus
Required Soft Skills (Personal Attributes):
· Must be highly motivated.
· Thinks critically
· Must be able to apply critical thinking with respect to all work performed
· Excellent communicator
· Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Must be able to handle very detailed job requirements as required
· Manages time effectively
· Must be able to manage own schedule and workflow efficiently in order to meet all assigned objectives
· Learns fast
· Must be a fast learner with respect to quickly picking up newly assigned duties
· Associates degree or equivalent experience required.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
· United States citizenship is required.
· Must be willing to undergo criminal background check and obtain security clearances as required.
Browse telephony engineer jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania:
Prime Communications, Inc. - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 26 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
Conventra LLC - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 17 days ago on TechFetch.com
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 1 month ago on iHire