Lionce is currently recruiting for a Sr. Infrastructure Engineer for a great opportunity with one of our partners in Pittsburgh, PA. This is a full time position with a pay rate up to $90,000 a year. For this particular role, our client is only considering either US Citizens or Permanent Residents (either EAD or Green Card).
About This Position:
We are seeking a talented AWS-based Infrastructure Engineer to manage our web hosting infrastructure to ensure performance, and availability as we continue to experience rapid growth. You will be tasked with managing our entire hosting infrastructure across development, staging and production environments. The ideal candidate will have experience designing, configuring and managing high-availability hosting environments that are secure, and scalable.
- Own and manage the client's global cloud infrastructure.
- Help design, develop and deploy secure cloud infrastructure for high availability, low latency and scalability across availability zones.
- Develop and implement strategies to automate system installation, configuration, code deployment, and management
- Develop and manage data backup and replication strategies
- Configure and tune all subsystems including firewalls, load balancers, hypervisors, OS, database, storage subsystems, networks, caching systems, etc.
- Work with development and QA teams to develop procedures and test routines to asses infrastructure performance, capacity, and security
- Deploy real time and trend monitoring of system performance and error logging
- Availability to participate in a 24/7 environment including on call responsibilities
- Work with development team on strategies for managing system failures and recovery
- Architect and manage development/staging/production environments
- Provide recommendations to development team on how to improve security, availability, reliability, scalability
- Daily analysis of system error logs, performance issues, and security risks
- Assist with QA testing, and test automation
- Assist with development tasks as time permits
- 5+ years experience
- Advanced Linux system administration with an understanding of all layers of Linux.
- Production cloud-based LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) in large scale, mission critical environments.
- High availability configurations and replication methodology both from a systems and software perspective.
- Experience developing and deploying real time and trend monitoring of system performance into a production environment.
- Administration experience with MySQL (advanced features such as MySQL replication is a plus)
- Experience with server and code configuration/deployment tools (Chef, Knife, Puppet)
- Familiarity with any of the following technologies: MongoDB, Redis, New Relic, Capistrano.
- Experience in a startup environment