Posted 1 year ago in Information Technology
Lionce is currently recruiting for a Production Support Manager for a great opportunity with one of our partners in Corapolis, PA. This is a full time position with a pay rate up to $65,000 a year. For this particular role, our client is only considering either US Citizens or Permanent Residents (either EAD or Green Card).
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the cleint is the nation’s leading student loan management and higher education business solutions provider to more than 1400 colleges and universities across the country.
Having serviced more than 7 million loans throughout its history, the company offers the most complete and comprehensive solutions, which include: Student Loan Billing Services, Tuition Payment Plans, Refund Management, Tax Form Processing, eCommerce and Delinquent Receivable Management Services.
Today, the company continues to grow in its current markets, leveraging its technology enabled services platform and dominant market position. The client has taken a strong leadership position and broken out of the competitive pack as the nationally recognized market leader. This has had a dramatic impact on the business, as the rate of sales is accelerating at the same time operational efficiencies are resulting.
The client's service levels continue to improve, its rate of automated processes such as electronic bill presentment and payment have further improved net profits. Campus based products provide 15 year loan agreements with individual borrowers. This has created tremendous visibility allowing the company to invest in its technology platform and in expanding its product offering.
The Production Support Manager is responsible for oversight of the production support team which manages the processes that support the client's bill generation and operational jobs for customer facing operational services. The Production Support team has three major focus areas including the following 2nd level technical customer support, data processing, and project work for supporting implementation of new customers and processes to support the client's product line in our production support environment. The jobs produce either scheduled or manual customer facing reports, bills, web exits, and promissory notes.
The production support department is comprised of Production Support Specialists leveled as junior, mid and senior. Additionally the team has a process engineer role that serves to develop new processes, technologies and operational scripts to support customer facing processes. The Production Support Specialist provides secondary support to the process engineer role for cessation and redundancy purposes.
The Production Support Manager role is a working manager, with 65% of the time spent on projects, data processing and third level support, 35% of the time is allotted to oversight of the processes, procedures and people to ensure compliance to appropriate the client quality standards. Duties: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Leads/Oversees Production Support projects for process improvement or new customer implementations
• Mentors team members on processes and ensures quality oversight and consistency
• Uses standard Corporate IT tools to monitor and production support process for accuracy and quality
• Ensures proper escalation and response to customer issues by the production support team both to the customer directly and to other departments
• Ensures proper scheduling of resources to provide support, data processing needs and project deliverables to customers and other departments
• Adheres too, follows, recommends, updates and mentors junior staff members on standardized IT processes including project tracking/mgmt. time reporting, issue escalation, and change management
• Participates as a contributor to defense in depth security practices developing appropriate security recommendations and implementations for new and existing production support processes and procedures
• Performs total cost of ownership in solution development and adheres to industry best practices and standards
• Participates in cross team design and troubleshooting sessions as a trusted resource
• Oversight of production release initiatives working with the development staff in production application publishing and application launches as well as QA and PREPROD environment updates
• Provides level 3 Support for escalated customer issues
• Provides coaching and mentoring of staff on client practices, procedures and job duties
• Ensure escalated issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
• Ensure daily scheduled and manual processes are completed on time and with high a degree of accuracy
• Develops and maintains cross team relationships ensuring that the Production Support team provides the necessary services to our customers and other departments
• Provides resources and ensures accountability of resources for cross department projects that require production support involvement
• All other duties assigned
• Flexibility, openness and desire to learn
• Strong leadership and team qualities and ability to work well within a small group openly sharing and communicating across teams
• Ability to hold others accountable in a fair and transparent manner
• Objective logical management philosophy
• Logical thinking process and troubleshooting skills
• Superior Communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong customer service focus
• Analytical skills with a dedicated eye to detail, thoroughness and follow up
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and learn to apply them to diverse situations
• Technical enthusiasm and desire to learn and apply new technical concepts and technologies
• Strong work ethic with desire to put forth the best solution possible
• Ability to take direction, listen closely and work independently based on given directions and guidelines
• Conflict management skills
• Extremely strong planning and organization skills
Experience, Education and Licensure
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent or four to ten years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical documentation, literature and implementation materials.
• Ability to develop written documentation and project plans, respond to internal/external customer needs in writing and verbally via phone or in person relating complex technical issues and solutions to non-technical personnel.
• Ability to write initial question lists and answers “FAQ” for users to facilitate adoption of new technologies
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Browse production support manager jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania:
PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 7 days ago on iHire
BDO International - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 1 month ago on Experteer
Top Tier Global Accounting and Consulting Firm - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 1 month ago on Beyond