Lionce is currently recruiting for a PHP Application Developer for a great opportunity with one of our partners in Canonsburg, PA. This is a full time position with a pay rate up to $70,000 a year. For this particular role, our client is only considering either US Citizens or Permanent Residents (either EAD or Green Card).
Client is looking for a PHP developer to help move their current applications from Coldfusion to PHP and MySQL.
This person will work primarily on Business/Web applications:
1.a HIPPA workflow application for compliance/billing/change log purposes
2.a 3 day call back application that solicites feedback from patients regarding their well-being
3.a capital approval system for requesting funds for projects
This person may also get involved in healthcare interface development projects later on down the road.
Candidate must be willing to travel to Morgantown 2-3 days week for the first month or so, as the primary team located there. In the future, the role can be based in Canonsburg, or if the candidate prefers, they can work out of Morgantown 40 hours week as well.
The Application Developer's role is to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the development of software programs and custom web application. This individual is also responsible for the requirements gathering, coding, and testing of the applications with end users. Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of Application Development Frameworks are critical to successful performance in this role.
Strategy & Planning
- Work with end users to gather and agree upon fully detailed requirements before development begins. Must be able to provide estimated completion dates for all projects.
- Work with Business and IT leadership to prioritize projects on a weekly and/or monthly basis
- Orchestrate web development projects and corresponding strategies between business units and development teams.
- Plan, execute, and manage the development of new applications and work directly with Integration Specialists to interface with existing systems and software throughout the enterprise.
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Ensure that development planning and practices are aligned with strategic business goals and the company?s overall strategic vision.
- Develop standards and processes to support and facilitate development projects and initiatives.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Research and make recommendations on products that integrate with and run on application frameworks in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Collaborate with analysts, integration specialists, and system owners in the testing of newly-integrated software programs and applications.
- Lead testing phase of software and applications under development in order to identify and remedy potential problem areas.
- Liaise with integration specialists and engineers to address issues in program logic and the interoperability of new applications with existing systems software.
- Build relationships with integration specialists, database administrators, system administrators, and network engineers to properly design and build applications.
- Ensure the collection and coherent interpretation of the various business processes affected by development efforts.
- Work diligently to enhance or improve business processes via application development.
- Evaluate results of development projects, then report and make recommendations based on findings.
- Where applicable, investigate and qualify potential areas in which to introduce Web services.
- Where necessary, provide guidance to other members of the team.
Formal Education & Certification
- Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer science or computer engineering, and 5 years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in developing web applications using PHP required
- 4 years direct experience in web application development.
- Extensive experience developing on application development frameworks, primarily Yii
- Technically fluent in programming languages and techniques, including ColdFusion, XML, Perl, .Net, Java, HL7, Perl Scripting.
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping and methodology development, and data mapping.
- Extensive experience with multiple software applications.
- Strong background in risk management methodologies as they relate to integration/software engineering.
- Experience with automated integration tools preferably interface engines including Mirth, ConnectR, Iguana, Cloverleaf, and BizTalk preferred
- Knowledge of relational database design and management techniques.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of end-user needs and requirements.
- Excellent understanding of the organization?s goals and objectives.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Outstanding writing and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to conduct research into application integration issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers.
- Physically able to participate in sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of offsite software and system integration efforts.