Posted 2 years ago in Information Technology
Lionce is currently recruiting for three .NET Programmers for a great opportunities with one of our partners in Pittsburgh, PA (2 positions) and Seattle, WA (1 position). These are full time positions with a pay rates up to $100,000 a year. For this particular role, our client is only considering either US Citizens or Permanent Residents (either EAD or Green Card).
The client seeks an experienced Programmer/Analyst for its Pittsburgh and Seattle offices. The Programmer/Analyst is responsible for gathering business requirements, analysis, implementation and managing applications within the firm. Establish and support software development methodology and guidelines. Work with other team members to coordinate product development. The position will be responsible for developing, testing and maintaining web based and/or packaged applications in a rapid development environment to support the operation of Firm’s Internet, Intranet and Extranet applications. The position will also require systems analysis techniques and user interaction skills through the process of creating detailed specifications, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and maintaining various custom and packaged applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Adherence to the department’s standard Project Methodology in all technology initiatives
• Develop project technology strategy by understanding key client objectives; diagnosing and mapping client requirements; articulating solution risks and barriers; recommending project approaches; preparing time and cost estimates; planning full project life cycle.
• Design and document system architecture including Out Of the Box (OOTB) and custom components.
• Guide developers and administrators to implement the target architecture by building components and custom designs, prototyping the system, and conducting any required data migration while maintaining technical integrity and consistency.
• Make modifications to the application system software and/or hardware
• Write specific application programs utilizing various languages to include: C#.NET, VB.NET, Ad hoc query tools and report writers, SQL, etc.
• Adherence to all Firm and department policies related to hours, etc.
• Evaluate requests and provide recommendations/estimates for databases/other projects
• Responsible for application development projects implemented in the firm; tracks progress and produces regular progress reports to management
• Integrate existing database systems with new applications to centralize data stores, facilitate flow, and focus on system efficiencies/maintenance of data authority boundaries
• Establish/implement software quality assurance testing procedures
• Ability to demonstrate strong team interaction, time management, consulting and communication (verbal and written) skills, ability to multi-task with minimum supervision
• Participate in system projects as a team member and/or team leader
• Respond to Firm personnel’s software and/or hardware questions and/or problems.
• Make modifications to the application system software and/or hardware.
• Adherence to all Firm and department policies related to hours, completion of status reports, etc.
• Develop solutions and provides support for browser-specific compatibility issues
• Recognize system deficiencies and propose alternative architectures and solutions
• Create and maintain quality written documentation of Firm systems
• Perform all other duties as assigned
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
• Basic network hardware configuration
• IIS configuration & trouble shooting
• Develop and maintain internal development environment
• Provide web infrastructure support
• Perform all other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Strong experience in .NET Framework 4.0/3.5, MVC3 / Razor, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, ADO.NET and WinForms is required.
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and application development best practices.
• Strong experience in developing multi-tier (User Interface, Business & Data Layers) applications.
• Advance experience in test driven development (TDD) and unit-testing using VSTS.
• Advance experience in Load & Stress testing using VSTS and/or any other 3rd party tools. Also should have ability to optimize application performance whenever it’s required.
• Strong experience in deploying, configuring and troubleshooting applications with IIS 7.5/7.0/6.0
• Advanced experience in MS SQL Server 2005/2008 (Transact-SQL and/or PL/SQL)
• Experience in Visual Studio 2010/2008 IDE is required.
• Hands-on experience in Crystal Reports and/or SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Experience with WCF and/or web services (SOAP, XML, etc.) desirable
• Experience with Microsoft Office 2010 and 2007 is required.
• Should have ability to review system & event logs to conduct troubleshooting.
• Experience in Team Foundation Server 2010/2008 is required.
• Basic knowledge in Active Directory is required.
• Work closely with business owners to identify business requirements, processes and build solutions to support process attainment.
• Ability to demonstrate strong team interaction, time management, verbal and written communication skills, ability to multi-task with minimum supervision.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with constantly changing demands.
• Demonstrated experience in defining business needs through structured analysis
• Project management and leadership skills, ability to meet obligations with confidentiality, integrity and sensitivity, possess a high level of energy and ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• 3 - 4 years of strong experience in developing Web and Windows based application using .NET Framework 4.0/3.5, C#, VB.NET, WINFORMS, ASP.NET, HTML, CSS, AJAX, JS and JQuery is required.
• 1 - 2 years of experience working with databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, or equivalent job experience.
Browse net programmer jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania:
Oxford Solutionsâ - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
CACI International - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 2 months ago on Beyond
Kforce Inc. - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posted yesterday on Dice