Lionce is currently recruiting for a Lead Developer for a great opportunity with one of our partners in Pittsburgh, PA. This is a full time position with a pay rate up to $90,000 a year. For this particular role, our client is only considering either US Citizens or Permanent Residents (either EAD or Green Card).
Client is seeking a Lead Developer to provide technical expertise, mentoring and technical leadership to the Systems Development Team. This position will provide detailed technical specifications, including designing, developing, and testing code for complex, web-based applications and portals. The Lead Developer will also review code submitted by other developers for quality, efficiency, and adherence to team standards. This is a hands-on technologist position that will focus on front-end and back-end web development with numerous technologies including PHP, Drupal, C#, .NET Framework, and WCF. This position will require an ability to meet project schedules while ensuring overall application system integrity and ensure proper communication among the client's departments and vendors regarding technologies, database systems, web-based, mobile, and client-server applications. Not only is this an exciting opportunity to work with a broad set of technologies and great development team, but to also work for an organization that its mission is to improve the quality of cancer care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the technical liaison between Staff, technical vendors, consultants, and the client's systems development staff.
- Serves as the secondary technical contact for the client's Infrastructure team. Identifies problems with systems/applications and makes recommendations to improve existing systems to promote organizational efficiency and productivity.
- Modifies and upgrades existing systems based on recommendations or requests by users that have been approved by directors and project managers.
- Leads or participates on a project team to create formal project plans, including but not limited to gathering requirements, developing timelines, identifying and planning the use of resources, designing solutions, and delivering the product to our customers.
- Delegates programming tasks to programmers and provides technical and GUI guidance.
- Ensures that all systems are developed using security and software development best practices in conjunction with the environment. Assists and exchanges programming knowledge and ideas with co-workers, and provides technical guidance and mentorship to programmers.
- Identifies and rectifies the impact of system changes on other systems and the network. Identifies when legacy systems need to be updated to meet requirements of future projects.
- Devises and implements strategies to integrate various applications.
- Evaluates applications to ensure that projects are in line with strategic plan and that they meet the needs of staff and customers.
- Stays abreast of current technologies and makes recommendations for implementation with projects. Leads and is a part of agile software development teams that implement all phases of enterprise-level web based software applications and database components.
- Leads the systems development team in defining and ensuring that all systems and applications are held to proper development, testing, and quality standards.
- Works in conjunction with the Senior Technical Lead and Director of Information Services to architect our network, systems, and applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related degree required; minimum of five-seven years of related experience designing and/or developing web applications and databases preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience developing and troubleshooting N-tier web applications / web services utilizing Microsoft .NET Framework, C#, PHP, Java, Ruby, or other language at an expert level.
- 2-4 years of experience developing in PHP at an expert level, along with experience working with Drupal or another open-source CMS required.
- 3-5 years of experience in database design(OLTP and/or OLAP), database programming, data warehousing, and stored procedure development and maintenance using SQL Server 2000-2012 at an expert level.
- 2-5 years of experience working with REST- or SOAP-based web services at an intermediate to expert level.
- 1-2 years of experience working in an agile environment, preferably knowledge of SCRUM and Waterfall practices preferred. Strong knowledge of object-oriented design and programming principles.
- Experience with jQuery is a preferred.