Posted 1 year ago in Information Technology
Lionce is currently recruiting for a Junior to Mid Level VoIP Engineer for a great opportunity with one of our partners in Pittsburgh, PA. This is a full time position with a pay rate up to $45,000 a year for junior level or $70,000 a year for mod-level. For this particular role, our client is only considering either US Citizens or Permanent Residents (either EAD or Green Card).
Looking to hire a VoIP Engineer to be responsible for ensuring the secure, stable and optimal operation of the company and customer IP/SIP telephony and network infrastructure.
• Provide day-to-day support and proactive maintenance for IP Telephony systems and work with network engineers as necessary.
• Provide analysis and troubleshooting for customer and internal VoIP platforms and associated products.
• Router, switch, and IP phone configuration and troubleshooting.
• Telephony asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related technical specifications and other documentation.
• Identify and resolve capacity and performance issues to ensure uninterrupted service.
• Assist with operations and planning for business continuity / disaster recovery solutions.
• 24x7 On-call support as required.
Technical Skills and Technical Requirements
• Minimum 3 years of experience supporting complex and converged voice, video and data networks
• More than 2 years of experience in a Telecom Engineer/Support position
• Experience with VoIP and IP Telephony Systems
• Designing, configuring and troubleshooting enterprise MPLS converged (voice, video & data) networks using:
• QoS policies and priority queuing
• IPSLA & Netflow monitoring/management
• Designing, configuring and troubleshooting enterprise voice network using:
• Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), ISDN PRI, etc. trucking
• QoS policing - WAN & LAN
• G.729a voice encoding
• Voice IPSLA monitoring/management
• Other Infrastructure experience and certifications considered a plus
Required Soft Skills (Personal Attributes):
• Must be highly motivated.
• Thinks critically
• Must be able to apply critical thinking with respect to all work performed
• Excellent communicator
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Must be able to handle very detailed job requirements as required
• Manages time effectively
• Must be able to manage own schedule and workflow efficiently in order to meet all assigned objectives
• Learns fast
• Must be a fast learner with respect to quickly picking up newly assigned duties
• Associates degree or equivalent experience required.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• United States citizenship is required.
• Must be willing to undergo criminal background check and obtain security clearances as required
Browse voip engineer jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: