Posted 2 years ago in Information Technology
Lionce is currently recruiting for an IT Project Manager for a great opportunity with one of our partners in Pittsburgh, PA. This is a full time position with a pay rate up to $110,000. For this particular role, our client is only considering either US Citizens or Permanent Residents (either EAD or Green Card).
Strongly preferred experience and qualifications:
Experience in manufacturing space
Experience setting up system and processes to manage IT help desk/support center efficiencies.
Experience with Distaster Recovery Planning and consolidation of ERP packages
5+ years of professional experience
BS and preferably an MBA, but not required
Projects that this person will be involved in:
-Developing and/or implementing a system to manage the efficiency of the helpdesk (30% of first months/year)
-Creation of a Disaster Recovery plan (who is involved, what systems need created etc)
-consolidation of ERP packages
The ideal candidate will be able to understand and assess processes, and identify technical solution(s) to maximize business efficiencies. This person would also ideally be able to champion the notion to business units that technology can enhance their performance and the overall performance of the company.
Client is a leading manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of products for the transportation, construction, utility, and energy markets. They have recently been recognized for achievement in manufacturing excellence, financial growth, and our impressive safety record. The corporation owns divisions and subsidiaries that supply products to industries requiring rail and rail accessories; sheet, pipe and H piling; bridge decking and highway products; precast concrete buildings; and threaded and coated pipe.
Client culture reflects their passion for integrity, accountability and safety. This culture is built on the quality of our work force and a positive attitude toward continuous improvement, working in a safe environment and customer service.
The IT Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the information technology department. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
• Manage the planning, organization, and implementation of project activities.
• Provide direction and control of work performed in the framework of the project, including monitoring the critical path and implementation of appropriate corrective actions.
• Ensure adherence to current project management standard processes and compliance to quality assurance policies.
• Provide overall project communication to stakeholders and program management of stakeholder expectations.
• Manage day-to-day project activities, such as issue tracking and risk mitigation, facilitating project team meetings (with various groups) and preparing/delivering status reports.
• Proactively identify and solve project issues through negotiation and/or escalation processes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent project management skills (running effective meetings, negotiating, organizing, planning and running projects
• Ability to summarize and communicate project status to audience appropriate levels
• Occasional travel as required
Requirements Skills, Experience and Education:
• Bachelors Degree in Information Science or Business Administration
• An MBA is an advantage in understanding the dynamics of the functional areas of a diversified business
• Minimum of 5-7 years in progressively more complex IT project management work
PMP Certification required
Browse it project manager jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: