Our client, a leading manufacturer in the oil and gas industry located in southwestern PA (Washington County) is looking for a General Manager to join their growing team. Salary range for this role starts at $125k, but the company will pay market competitive for the right person. Relocation assistance may be a possibility for non-local candidates.
Important: They are NOT looking for a contractor or a consultant; this is a permanent, long-term, full-time position. This is a family-owned business, and owners are very active in the business.
In this role, the right individual will be tasked with managing a team of ~25 people individuals in a manufacturing environment. Other day to day responsibilities include:
- Have a birds eye view on what is going on the production floor.
- Identify and handle/resolve bottlenecks in production.
- Helping to optimize operations and processes to increase efficiency
- Responsible to oversee expenses and to lower cost where needed/possible.
- Able to analyze the key performance index of the company.
- Perform market research on the oil and gas market to see what the ebbs and flows are in order to identify possible issues and opportunities.
- This individual will manage all the senior staff, assisting them in managing their departments.
- This person reports to the owners weekly.
Requirements for this position include:
- Strong manufacturing background (must have)
- Oil and gas industry knowledge (must have)
- Strong mechanical aptitude (critical)
- Take-charge kind of person that can lead and has existing management experience.
- Capable of managing a sales team (prior experience strongly preferred)
- Experience with market research and projections.
- Experience with Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, ISO, etc (strongly preferred.)
- Solid decision maker that can handle both the office and the manufacturing floor.
- New idea-oriented person who can help to spot new product and product enhancement opportunities.
- Strong values, integrity, and ethics.
- Fast learner, positive attitude, great communication skills.
Preferred education requirements:
- Engineering degree (preferred Mechanical Environmental) or Business Degree
- Equivalent experience may be considered.
In addition to a full-time salary, a comprehensive benefits package will also be provides. Details available upon request. If interested, please submit your resume ASAP, as this is a high-priority hire. In addition to your resume, please let us know why this job is a fit for you.