Search Engine Marketing SpecialistPosition Summary
The Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Specialist will lead the day-to-day planning and execution of paid search marketing for Rakuten LinkShare Search clients. The SEM will be responsible for monitoring client budgets, managing keywords, ad copy and bid strategies, continuously conducting new tests, reporting and analyzing results and maintaining client satisfaction. The results will be measurable as defined by client targets and key metrics, including: average CPC, CTR, ROI, position, AOV, etc.Job Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and strengthen Search client relationships.
- Develop deep understanding of each client’s business in order to customize a search marketing strategy plan,
- Work with each client to establish target goals and objectives.
- Manage client’s budget and expectations.
- Execute search marketing campaigns for each client from top to bottom, including development of comprehensive keyword lists, creation and testing of ad copy, submission to search engines, testing of keyword variations, and optimization of bids, management of daily and monthly budgets.
- Develop and deliver client presentations focused on campaign performance and strategies for growth. Execute on strategic recommendations that drive revenue and enhance the search marketing efforts of our clients.
- Monitor and analyze performance reports to ensure client targets are met and exceeded over time. Using performance data analysis, develop action items to maximize return.
- Work cross functionally within Rakuten LinkShare to gather and leverage Rakuten LinkShare’s transactional visibility in optimizing client search campaigns.
- Continuously study industry trends, Search best practices and both Rakuten LinkShare and client competitors.
- At least 1 year of paid search marketing experience.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative analysis of marketing campaign results including recommendations for strategic and/or tactical changes and P&L management.
- Solid proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint for in-depth analysis, client-facing reports and presentations.
- Ability to prioritize and strategize based on company and client goals. Strong project management and multi-tasking skills are a must.
- Strong desire and ability to think creatively solve problems and use professional judgment.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations.
- Must be results driven, enjoy problem solving and passionate about being challenged.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably a focus on advertising or marketing.
- Experience with Google, Yahoo, and MSN paid search management tools.
- Google AdWords certification a plus
Rakuten LinkShare provides e-commerce businesses with a wide range of online marketing services including Affiliate Marketing, Lead Generation and Search Marketing. Industry expertise combined with leading tools and technology enable us to identify trends and opportunities to ensure client programs are running optimally at all times to achieve target return on investment. Our clients are Fortune 500 and prominent companies doing business online, including J.C. Penney, 1-800-Flowers.com, American Express and Avon products.
Rakuten LinkShare was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Tampa, London and Tokyo.
Come and be a part of a thriving global company with a casual dress, fun work environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and ongoing growth opportunities.